Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max27

CCM Leather Toe Straps

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Max27 said:

if the toe buckles do not work i will definetley get some prolaces along w/ a new toe bridge. wanted to try the toe buckles for a while and theyre super cheap so i decided to give them a try. interested to see if i like them or not. hope i like them. lol

They're super cheap because its old unused technology.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

They're super cheap because its old unused technology.  

yea true lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

They're super cheap because its old unused technology.  

really like them honestly. tried them on w my skates 

going to a clinic tm so ill see how they are on ice

IMG_0674.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOoh..! I have to chime in here. Used buckles for like five years coincident with vertexx cowlings and vapor x:55 pads from GM that came with toe caps. Any suggestion that they inhibit rotation is a joke/foolishness. I frankly find goaltending backward with respect to the usage of buckles when no rotation was desired and subsequently toe ties when rotation became a necessity. As far as wear, if a buckle takes a shot to the wrong spot then you can't get the strap in or out anymore. Also the leather gets worn worse than any other straps on a pad. I've since switched to a Velcro and elastic combination to go with vertexx edge holders and its a far superior setup in every way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 7:25 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

(

Moreover, someone who windmills while sitting on their own goalie stick probably shouldn't be emulated... ever.

Yikes. Sorry not sorry for comparing my style to hillers... aka coasting around in the butterfly until the puck gets cleared, and often butterflying on my stick blade ?

Edited by southpawtendy48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max27 said:

really like them honestly. tried them on w my skates 

going to a clinic tm so ill see how they are on ice

IMG_0674.jpg

You do you, I considered using them at one point. Way better than regular ties in my opinion. 

I use toe hooks, yes ive heard the same old “there’s way better technology out there11!!!1!1” but I like them, so there! They literally take seconds to get them on too

Edited by southpawtendy48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this topic and how cheap they were on GM. Playing mostly roller I never found a good toe tie method so decided to try them out as well, mine come tomorrow.

Make sure to screw the buckle tab in under the pad as well! Looks like yours are only screwed in on top with the bottom part hanging free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

You do you, I considered using them at one point. Way better than regular ties in my opinion. 

I use toe hooks, yes ive heard the same old “there’s way better technology out there11!!!1!1” but I like them, so there! They literally take seconds to get them on too

yea use what works. look at holtby. rocks 5 leather straps, toe caps, has his boot strap go thru the boot, and rarely changes his gear at all and hes a vezina caliber goalie lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AG37 said:

I saw this topic and how cheap they were on GM. Playing mostly roller I never found a good toe tie method so decided to try them out as well, mine come tomorrow.

Make sure to screw the buckle tab in under the pad as well! Looks like yours are only screwed in on top with the bottom part hanging free.

it is screwed thru the buckle on the pad. theres adjustment points that you can run the actual metal buckle piece thru that make it look like that lol

these seem a lot easier than regular laces. i have a practice tommorow so ill be using them for the first time tommorow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Max27 said:

yea use what works. look at holtby. rocks 5 leather straps, toe caps, has his boot strap go thru the boot, and rarely changes his gear at all and hes a vezina caliber goalie lol

I do the same thing w/ my boot strap too but since it’s partly elastic it takes a lot of stress off my joints 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I do the same thing w/ my boot strap too but since it’s partly elastic it takes a lot of stress off my joints 

like this? i didnt know the public could get older specs

Braden-Holtby.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max27 said:

like this? i didnt know the public could get older specs

They generally can't. What guys area able to get in the show almost never translates to what's available for the public

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They generally can't. What guys area able to get in the show almost never translates to what's available for the public

ya unless u order brians then the skys the limit w what u can do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Max27 said:

like this? i didnt know the public could get older specs

Braden-Holtby.jpg

lol nevermind I mis interpretered what you said my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

lol nevermind I mis interpretered what you said my bad

np lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used mine this morning. Like I said playing roller I never found a method that didn't interfere with my wheels, for $3 of GM I gave these a shot. They worked great actually, I may have to punch some holes and make them a tad looser but didn't get caught in my wheels at all. I attached mine from the bottom as they have a bit more flex from this position.

Toe Buckles.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×