Fullright's 2018-2019

Fullright

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

mediocre?  I would kill to have a game that good.  It was over 3 minutes of video before they got a second one past you.  That's fantastic, especially for drop in.

Agreed.  I looked hard for the medirocre part, couldn't find it.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Means a lot coming from real goalies. You guys still play games whereas I am pretty much done with them. So thanks!

The last two skates are with a different group at a different building. The old building broke up the old group with a decision to make that skate 35 and older. So this group so far consists of high schoolers all the way up to the 57 yr old fella who organizes it. A handful more guys and this skate will be pretty good. I did a little better here than last week but still left holes with dumb "rodeo arms" allowing pucks to get through me. Hate those in particular. Try and stay more compact next time. Thanks for checking it out; comments welcome.

Edit: botched the upload with the empty quotes...not sure what I did wrong. Sorry about that, Bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

Shinny.  What else is there to say.  You looked like you were a little deeper in your net than usual, but when the backdoor is open on every play there is nothing you can do about it.  Same as Imperative said, "Don't beat yourself up."

Thank you for continuing to post your videos!

-steve

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. Last few times out I've been overthinking things and not playing the play; in other words, not reacting and being too locked onto to what I think is going to happen. 

The above is from last week. Started out ok but got sloppy the last half leading to junk goals. Last goal really stung. :(  Had a much better outing last night but forgot to charge the camera. Busy week. Try and keep it going next week.

last goal did kind suck but if there was ever a "perfect" screen that would be it.  your player blocked the wind up and moved last second outta the way at the hash marks with the shot on the way.  your not expecting a shot from there either so id say chalk it up to dumb luck or little misfortune.  i also enjoy your style of play, you can tell you have been around for a while.  keep up the good work and videos!

Unreal sequence of saves 1:10-1:20 and then your own teammate gives the puck to the guy sitting back door, brutal. Is your arm/shoulder ok after that guy did the fly by and clipped you? These younger skates seem like they are much more “defence optional” than the other skates. Anyways good work. 

Thanks for being really decent about that goal, Mr. N.  Much appreciated but it was a bad mistake of not paying close attention and being ready; pretty much a bone head mistake. Cam, thanks but that's how this one is. Most of these players are "hot rod" type guys sniping or making really pretty plays so I cant expect them to D up in anyway. Does make it annoying sometimes but still, it's one of the parts of the deal so unless I want to go back to 1030 pm on a weeknight game, which I do not at all, I just have to live with it. At least they arent calling me an old fart yet. :) Thank you both for the encouragement and kindness.

This is from December 15. I think I did a little better with things but I am leaving too many holes and chasing the pace of the play some. I need to use a bit more patience. Thanks for checking it out.

Super aggressive move on that first shot, nice work! You looked pretty relaxed in there just staring down each shooter and coming up with the save, when you have a little D it allows us goalies to do that, wait out the shooter. Good work Joe, you had quiet feet and looked very calm in the net

Thanks fellas. #6 is bigger than he looks on film. 

Fought it some here. Besides the ones shown, I botched during editing 2 bad goals from early on. Settled down some but didnt make saves cleanly and didnt handle rebounds well. Still, I had a lot of fun and look forward to the next one. Thanks for checking it out.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:35 PM, Fullright said:

Thanks fellas. #6 is bigger than he looks on film. 

Fought it some here. Besides the ones shown, I botched during editing 2 bad goals from early on. Settled down some but didnt make saves cleanly and didnt handle rebounds well. Still, I had a lot of fun and look forward to the next one. Thanks for checking it out.

Tough one on that first goal, we have all been there, you bounced back with a great bang bang play save right after! You were really ruining North Stars jersey guy’s night. You robbed him when he tried to go high short side glove and then a huge blocker save on the breakaway. You looked like you were dialed in. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:28 PM, Fullright said:

I played a little better here than last week. Need to work on my legs some; got a little tired near the end. Thanks for checking it out. As always, commentary welcome.

Good skate Joe! I don’t think I have commented before on this but you have a good instinct of when to stay on your feet to make a save and it really showed in this one. Great glove save at 2:30

On 1/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, Imperative said:

Good skate Joe! I don’t think I have commented before on this but you have a good instinct of when to stay on your feet to make a save and it really showed in this one. Great glove save at 2:30

Yeah, yeah - no big woop on the glove save - it's not like he doesn't make at least a couple of those each game - it's actually getting a little old there Joe...😉

On the other hand at 3:37 it isn't so much a blocker save as a work of art - that was literally beautiful!

Thanks fellas. Below equals things out, I suppose. I wasnt good at all. Shots got in every possible way. Just one of those nights where I never got settled in and fought it all skate long. Try and straighten things out next week. Thanks for checking it out. Comments welcome and there's really nothing negative anyone can say that I havent already said myself. If you watch, just know I cant refund your 5 mins of life wasted on this display of horsefeathers. 

11 hours ago, Fullright said:

Thanks fellas. Below equals things out, I suppose. I wasnt good at all. Shots got in every possible way. Just one of those nights where I never got settled in and fought it all skate long. Try and straighten things out next week. Thanks for checking it out. Comments welcome and there's really nothing negative anyone can say that I havent already said myself. If you watch, just know I cant refund your 5 mins of life wasted on this display of horsefeathers. 

Way to hang in there. Saw plenty of quality stops as well. 

My only feedback would be to challenge more on the 1 on 1. A lot of those shots occurred while you were almost back on your goal line. That’s just way too much net to cover 1v1. Make them shoot or deke well before then.

Keep it up! Good stuff

Archived