Gear Not Drying in Garage in the Cold

seagoal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice setup, @wox33

Thanks. I had noticed that the $300 version you could buy was just a wardrobe with a air purifier built so I figured there must be a way to do it way cheaper and this seems to get the job done. I’d like it if there was one more shelf for the bottom but it does what it needs to do. 

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

I know you live in the Midwest!!! 

Mind if I post this on Instagram? What was the total cost? 

Haha, yeah I forget Menards is mainly in this area.

Be my guest! I believe the total was about $65. 

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Do you keep your mitts outside of it?

No they go on the empty shelf right about the purifier. I’m currently waiting for my new stuff to come since I sold my 1X set on a whim last week so what you see is all I have at the moment haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Rebound Athletic said:

This is great - nice job @wox33!  I keep my gear in the garage so I'd have to rig some kind of dryer / heat source for those cold winter nights, but it may be worth it.  Thanks for posting this on IG @TheGoalNet!

Thanks for joining!

Feel free to share any of you repairs and mods. People are always looking for that

Also figure I should give a quick update since I’ve been using this setup for over a month now. This is setup in a fairly small laundry room and has almost completely eliminated the smell from the room. Before this setup the wife was getting ready to burn all my gear so it’s a vast improvement to say the least. It does smell a bit when you open the doors so the purifier doesn’t keep the gear smelling like roses or anything but it does keep it contained well. It also does a good job of drying as I played last night and when I just went down and checked and everything would be dry and ready to go if I played tonight. 

2 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Also figure I should give a quick update since I’ve been using this setup for over a month now. This is setup in a fairly small laundry room and has almost completely eliminated the smell from the room. Before this setup the wife was getting ready to burn all my gear so it’s a vast improvement to say the least. It does smell a bit when you open the doors so the purifier doesn’t keep the gear smelling like roses or anything but it does keep it contained well. It also does a good job of drying as I played last night and when I just went down and checked and everything would be dry and ready to go if I played tonight. 

Any durability conerns with the framing considering the weight of we gear?  Does this unit's skeleton feel solid to you?

My partner too has had it with my gear spread out on the floor of our laundery room, especially since it blocks our basement door going out to the garage.  I found a similar unit on Home Depot's website, but since you have experience with this one with gear, I'm more keen to getting this one. 

I wouldn’t say it’s the highest quality but the shelves have no bend or bow in them with stuff on them. I would say the two rails that the chest and pants are hung on show a little bend when under weight but nothing that concerns me that they might break at any point. I wouldn’t probably hang anything else on either rail but as is I think I’ll be fine. 

Archived