True/VH amazing story (with a sad follow up)

Md30

I thought i would share a story about my experience with True. First of all, I had always wanted to try their skates. I just never got around to doing a scan, or a trace of my foot. I recently found a used pair online in Sideline Swap that were my size. When they arrived unfortunately the condition of the 1 piece carbon holder was not good on both skates which was not expected. I was disappointed, but that happens buying used  gear online sometimes i guess. I contacted Kory at true, and he asked me to send pictures, and quoted me what i thought was a fair price to repair the skates. He sent me a pre paid label for 2 days  shipping and said the repair would take 4-5 working days. I hadn’t heard anything from them but noticed a Fed ex tag on my door this evening. I went to pick the package up at the local Fed ex, i was worried with the quick turnaround there was nothing they could do,   inside was a brand new pair of skates. I am shocked and speechless. Needless to say, this is a story that needed to be heard.

Edit: I started a new thread regarding what happened a week or so after these skates were delivered.needless to say, the feel good story has a bad ending.

image.jpg

Funny thing is I had VH for a couple of years and my lining is destroyed I contacted my rep and he told me to buy new skates.

I had the loose lining in it and it shredded after two years of a couple times a week use.  Slightly disappointed but the improvements in the lining in the true skates are much nicer.  I will gave and get myself a new pair soon lol

6 hours ago, thebigm said:

Funny thing is I had VH for a couple of years and my lining is destroyed I contacted my rep and he told me to buy new skates.

I had the loose lining in it and it shredded after two years of a couple times a week use.  Slightly disappointed but the improvements in the lining in the true skates are much nicer.  I will gave and get myself a new pair soon lol

When i had these sharpened, I told the manager at Peranis the story, and he said the customer service has gotten a lot better recently. I am not sure how things were in the past, but considering i bought theses used, they really stepped up. I emailed Kory at True and thanked him, and thought maybe he might say why they chose to replace them, but he didn’t.

A week ago, i posted a great customer service story about my dealing with True / VH customer service. In case you didn't read the story, I had purchased a pair of used 1 pc. goalie skates on sideline swap, and unfortunately they had carbon damage that wasn't disclosed. I contacted True about paying for a repair, and they accepted the return for repair. I sent the skates to True, paid the repair invoice, and was shocked to find a new pair of skates returned to me. I was shocked, and even emailed Kory at True who i had been in contact with the entire time, thanking him for replacing the skates, and never heard back. Today I received an unfortunate email. They sent me somebody else's skates, and sent my skates elsewhere. They of course want these back and sent a Fed Ex tag for an immidiate return, and  i was told once they get mine back they will get them to me. This does not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling, not knowing where my skates are, and not to mention that i paid to have these new skates which i thought was a replacement sharpened and baked, and even wore them twice. I just figured I should follow up on what i thought was amazing customer service.

So True made a shipping mistake after offering to fix a used pair for you for free? They also gave you their FedEx tag for the free shipping as well?

Look, mistakes happen and they can suck, but I really don't feel that this should be a large knock to their customer service. Especially bringing up the cost of sharpening. ?

On 11/13/2018 at 11:02 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

So True made a shipping mistake after offering to fix a used pair for you for free? They also gave you their FedEx tag for the free shipping as well?

Look, mistakes happen and they can suck, but I really don't feel that this should be a large knock to their customer service. Especially bringing up the cost of sharpening. ?

The sole purpose of the post was because the previous post raved about them replacing skates when I returned a pair for a repair that I bought used. It was not meant to slam True in any way, I just needed to update the status. And no they never offered a free repair, nor did i ask, we agreed upon a price which i thought was fair,  and I paid the invoice for the repair and shipping.

1 hour ago, Md30 said:

The sole purpose of the post was because the previous post raved about them replacing skates when I returned a pair for a repair that I bought used. It was not meant to slam True in any way, I just needed to update the status. And no they never offered a free repair, nor did i ask, we agreeed upon a price which i thought was fair,  and I paid the invoice for the repair and shipping.

Oh my bad. I read through too quickly and posted too eagerly.

That is lousy.

So, not to be a dick, but you have no obligation to return the skates.  They mailed them to you.  You took them to be baked and sharpened.  There was no reason to believe that these weren't yours.  Unexpected, but a great surprise.

When a company does that, they kind of have to eat it.  Certainly you don't have to return them until they find and return your skates.  Heck, you've already baked them, you can use them in the mean time.

2 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

So, not to be a dick, but you have no obligation to return the skates.  They mailed them to you.  You took them to be baked and sharpened.  There was no reason to believe that these weren't yours.  Unexpected, but a great surprise.

When a company does that, they kind of have to eat it.  Certainly you don't have to return them until they find and return your skates.  Heck, you've already baked them, you can use them in the mean time.

100% agree. They have to eat this until they either a) agree to let you keep (forever) the skates they sent to you or b) let you keep them (on loan) until you receive back the skate your purchased. Additionally, the fella or gal in Finland should be over-nighted skates.

I have been on both sides: There is very little, if any, slack the consumer should give the company in situations like this. 

Archived