True/VH amazing story (with a sad follow up)

Md30

I think you have to keep the skates now.  If I was the Finland guy who ordered new skates and I was delivered baked, worn, and sharpened skates I wouldn't be too happy.  I can't imagine True would be able to resell "your" skates as "new".  For them to turn around and sell them as "demo" or "return" skates would be a bit of a weak move.  

This is like a pizza shop delivering the wrong pizza to a customer who then eats 2 slices before being called to return the pizza for the correct buyer.  I sure as hell wouldn't want someone's already eaten pizza.  True needs to make a new pie.

I like your thinking. I actually asked that since they now offer skates in stock sizing if they would help me with the price on a pair of those since my skates may or may not be across the ocean. I didn't get a response. I guess at the end of the day, I am just someone that paid $140.00 to have used skates repaired.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, MTH said:

DimpledBrilliantImperatorangel-size_rest

Sums it all up.

LOL. Pretty much sums it up. I guess True now has the skates I sent back, which I thought were the replacements for the skates I sent for repair. I wish I would have known the skates I sent in for repair were in Finland. I asked for tracking info, but was told they would let me know when they appear. I likely would not have sent them back so quickly if I would have known all of this. They did offer to replace the steel for the mix up. We will see what happens next. 

OK - first off , someone needs to add a link or something to this thread. It jumps from True doing a "great job" to, as the gif shows, falling off a cliff (I know the full story is posted in a thread somewhere else on this site).

Second - True has to do better than waiting 'til your skates "appear". If they have a tracking system, they can and need to figure it out  - now. If they don't have a tracking system, well I don't know that I would want to deal with a company that has a shipping policy based on "by guess and by God".

In the interim I would tell True to ship you the steel now with a tube of 2-part epoxy so you can glue then to your sneakers in the interim

On 11/15/2018 at 4:04 PM, Colander said:

OK - first off , someone needs to add a link or something to this thread. It jumps from True doing a "great job" to, as the gif shows, falling off a cliff (I know the full story is posted in a thread somewhere else on this site).

Second - True has to do better than waiting 'til your skates "appear". If they have a tracking system, they can and need to figure it out  - now. If they don't have a tracking system, well I don't know that I would want to deal with a company that has a shipping policy based on "by guess and by God".

In the interim I would tell True to ship you the steel now with a tube of 2-part epoxy so you can glue then to your sneakers in the interim

There is an entirely different thread regarding what happened a week or so after i received what i thought was a new pair of skates. I saw that someone posted a reply to this one though. I did think it was original and funny. Maybe a Mod could combine them for clarity.

1 hour ago, Colander said:

OK - first off , someone needs to add a link or something to this thread. It jumps from True doing a "great job" to, as the gif shows, falling off a cliff (I know the full story is posted in a thread somewhere else on this site)

Your wish is my command, sire.

Archived