Help me choose bauer 1X, 1S, or Premier Pro 2017 C/A

8 hours ago, diyas prawara said:

hey all, i need your help. im 173 tall and i want to buy C/A thats huge but with great mobility. 1x, 1s, and premier pro 2017 are seems good to me. what r u guys prefer? and why? or did you guys have another option? any reply will be much appreciated 

bauer-goalie-chest-protector-supreme-1s-sr.jpg

bauer-goalie-chest-protector-vapor-1x-sr-17.jpg

ccm-goalie-chest-protector-premier-pro-sr-17.jpg

I would also consider some smaller companies too like Passau, Brown, and Kenesky that are in Eastern Canada. Not sure how expensive shipping would be to your region but for the cost they likely offer better protection.

37 minutes ago, diyas prawara said:

Anyone?????

I have the previous version of the ccm in the pro model. It is very protective, I don’t think I’ve had a stinger come to this day. It wasn’t very mobile when I first got it compared to my previous warrior but I got used to it over around 2-3 weeks. 

On 11/18/2018 at 6:48 PM, TitanG said:
I would also consider some smaller companies too like Passau, Brown, and Kenesky that are in Eastern Canada. Not sure how expensive shipping would be to your region but for the cost they likely offer better protection.

I can only speak to the Passau Gen2, but I couldn’t be happier. Lightweight and mobile without giving up size or protection. Very adjustable as well. Kenesky might be similar all around but slimmer profile. Base level pricing won’t be much different than the Bauer and CCM units if buying new. 

On 11/18/2018 at 6:48 PM, TitanG said:

currently i wear browns 2200 custom. but i need new c/a asap and im in Indonesia, i dunno how to order from those brands except i go to their place so goaliemonkey stuff is my only option 

43 minutes ago, Max27 said:

what you should do is go to a bauer own the moment if u can and try the vapor and supreme chest protectors or try them all on in a local store and see which one feels the best

i cant because i live in Indonesia and we dont have hockey store that sell goalie gear

If it comes down to only these 3 units, I can weigh in on them all seeing as I I see these things every day at work.

First of all the CCM Premier chest/arm is lousy overall. It fits 1, maybe 2 out of 10 goalies well. It's a huge cut and often goalies really TRY to make it fit by putting on the size down from what they should be to get it to work. It's made for the goalies with really broad shoulders and/or those tall, football player build types and maybe it's just my store but I don't see many of those. Arms are very stiff and are gonna be hard to work in if you're a lanky goalie. The overall unit dosen't have much in the way of mobility and has only decent comfort off the shelf which turns people off.

Not too many of the 1S chests sitting around anymore but I do remember them getting a good reception seeing as it's basically newer version of the old but popular One95. The Curve Composite is a nice touch in certain areas. It was built well, comfortable, protective and is probably the best of these 3. If the 2S comes up as one of your options, it's even that much better than 1s. I have next to no trouble selling this unit  when the goalie needs a pro chest protector. It's really a total package.

The 1X is my personal favorite. It wraps the torso nicely and has very good mobility. And I can't think of any other chest/arm on the market that have Curve Composite or some equal material laid out on top of the arms, that's a great feature. Although I see that half the time it is a couple inches short on the goalie's arms and parents are always wondering why the neck line was cut so low down the chest. It fits me well and I personally like it but some goalies really don't feel good about it. This unit is a MUST for trying on before purchasing cus you'll either end up really happy or really disappointed.

Archived