CCM Jet Speed FT2 Skates - No Cowling

TheGoalNet

@TheGoalNet nice! These look pretty sweet, I’m definitely interested.

Ironically though, with all the great detail on its features they don’t mention a word about...wait for it...THE TOE CAP. I think there is a 8 page thread on here all about people loving everything about their cowlingless skates except for reservations with toe and foot protection.

Hopefully these next gens will address it somehow

Stew - was told by the LHS that I am working with on the CCM skates that the toe cap is well reinforced I will certainly look into this if/when I get to see them?

One negative comment regarding the CCM skates, at least this years model ( and hopefully not next years model ) is that the skate is very rigid VS Eg the Bauer skates ( 2S Pro/Vapor 1X) and my son is currently in a Vapor 9000

3 hours ago, Big2 said:

Stew - was told by the LHS that I am working with on the CCM skates that the toe cap is well reinforced I will certainly look into this if/when I get to see them?

One negative comment regarding the CCM skates, at least this years model ( and hopefully not next years model ) is that the skate is very rigid VS Eg the Bauer skates ( 2S Pro/Vapor 1X) and my son is currently in a Vapor 9000

@Big2 ok, good to know and thanks. Not trying to be overly critical of something I have not played in yet (currently in Graf w/ cowlings) but just seems like an obvious area that needs to be addressed based on some comments here.

9 hours ago, Big2 said:

Try AS1. It’s supposed to have good ankle flex and the same attack angle as no cowling. 

Not sure about the pro level skates, but I found when I tried on the CCM 9080 (I think that was the model, whatever closely competes with the Bauer S129 and is one below the pro level option AS1) the heel was not at all anatomical and fit like my old, cheap $70 skates compared to the Bauer S129's which fit super nicely in the heel. Not sure if this is just me, just a problem with the lower level skates, or if it has been addressed with the new skates CCM is releasing, but something maybe to consider.

• 2 months later...

According to my local retailer, the new Jetspeed FT2 skates will be releasing on or about March 22. He recommended to pre-order by mid-February to ensure your size gets made in the first retail batch. Also interesting is that CCM is apparently doing away with a stock option for the largest size skates - sizes 11, 12, and 13 will be custom-order only.

As I found the AS1 skates to be the most comfortable out of the recent crop of cowlingless skates (didn't end up purchasing any - still using my Graf G9035), I plan to move to these skates when they release.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

According to my local retailer, the new Jetspeed FT2 skates will be releasing on or about March 22. He recommended to pre-order by mid-February to ensure your size gets made in the first retail batch. Also interesting is that CCM is apparently doing away with a stock option for the largest size skates - sizes 11, 12, and 13 will be custom-order only. 

As I found the AS1 skates to be the most comfortable out of the recent crop of cowlingless skates (didn't end up purchasing any - still using my Graf G9035), I plan to move to these skates when they release. 

Any word on how these will fit?

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

these look impressive!!! thanks for posting. so many questions:

Did you get to try them on? Thoughts?

Any idea how the height compares to the Bauer models? Appears to be slightly shorter like the AS1.

Price point for stock / custom?

Not mine, just some pictures. I have seen the skates in person though.

I believe they will fit like Vapor goal.

Price point should be around $750 USD.

There will be a custom bake from CCM which might like $100 up charge?

Full custom built off your foot by CCM will be like a $200 up charge?

38 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Thanks for sharing these pics! I think these are the first high-res pics of these skates that we've seen yet.

From your catalog pic, these are a tapered fit, so it seems like these should fit like the Jetspeed player skate, which (allegedly) fit similar to the Vapor player skate. And for whatever reason, the Vapor player skate fits closer to the Supreme Goalie skate than the Vapor goalie skate.

CCMSkateFits.thumb.png.c7cea0d3d61a47fc6048f61f66350a27.png

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I was quoted $729 for stock retail - pretty close!

12 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Thanks for sharing these pics! I think these are the first high-res pics of these skates that we've seen yet.

From your catalog pic, these are a tapered fit, so it seems like these should fit like the Jetspeed player skate, which (allegedly) fit similar to the Vapor player skate. And for whatever reason, the Vapor player skate fits closer to the Supreme Goalie skate than the Vapor goalie skate.

I’ll confirm this with CCM. Good eye 

And all way too confusing for us customers... 

32 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’ve heard trying them on is the best way to pick skates... 😂😂😂

🤣😂 that's right....but I don't know if that's enough. You just never know right? Seems like all the good reviews come out after 5-6 months but when you're desprate...you're desprate. Bauer been in the game of cowingless for soooo long vs ccm.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

@ZeroGravitas - You are correct. I was wrong that CCM was aligning things with fit in the goalie category. These will be the same fit as the player skates... keeping it simple, imagine that!!!

48 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ZeroGravitas - You are correct. I was wrong that CCM was aligning things with fit in the goalie category. These will be the same fit as the player skates... keeping it simple, imagine that!!!

I was hoping you were right because that would mean the skate would probably fit me. But if they fit like Jetspeed player/Supreme goalie, I doubt it will. 😭😝

10 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I was hoping you were right because that would mean the skate would probably fit me. But if they fit like Jetspeed player/Supreme goalie, I doubt it will. 😭😝

So... I think you will have 2 options

Custom order AS1 with the new holder. Do a 3D scan  and 100% custom FT2 and it will be designed to fit your foot

Archived