Maltese Collar Refurb

MangoRhinehart

14 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

After almost 12 years with the same maltese collar, it was time to refurb. the outer shell had stretched out and velcro was shot. 

I bought a fabric cooling towel and my wife sewed up the neck collar and reattached to the clavicle and sternum protection.

20181124_195327.jpg

20181124_195335.jpg

Great job! I've got the same one from way back, loved it for ice but too hot for inline. I would love to start using it again as the dangler jams sometimes looking down. Thinking about trying to punch some ventilation holes in the gel...

On 11/24/2018 at 7:58 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

After almost 12 years with the same maltese collar, it was time to refurb. the outer shell had stretched out and velcro was shot. 

I bought a fabric cooling towel and my wife sewed up the neck collar and reattached to the clavicle and sternum protection.

20181124_195327.jpg

20181124_195335.jpg

Is this one of those towels that cools as it gets wet?

On 11/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, FN-2187 said:
Great job! I've got the same one from way back, loved it for ice but too hot for inline. I would love to start using it again as the dangler jams sometimes looking down. Thinking about trying to punch some ventilation holes in the gel...

I actually wore this in a back to back ball hockey game in 98 degree weather. I put it in the freezer before the game and it kept me cool. I also dunked it in ice between periods.

3 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

I actually wore this in a back to back ball hockey game in 98 degree weather. I put it in the freezer before the game and it kept me cool. I also dunked it in ice between periods.

Good idea, how long in the freezer is safe? 

Archived