Vaughn Split Outer Roll + PVE Graphic

dstew29

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Splitting the outer roll like this urks me. Would love them more with an all white or all orange outer roll.

Agree. I'd even like it blue. Just all needs to be the same color otherwise the whole flow of the pad is thrown off.

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Sure, that pairing looks less atrocious, I'm still not a fan though

It always reminds me of the pieced together from a junkyard '88 civic that the local redneck drives around in.

index.jpg.36f38eec4ed1583a0d9d469de1dfc67b.jpg

I've never felt more strongly about anything...ever

Image result for die on the hill

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Splitting the outer roll like this urks me. Would love them more with an all white or all orange outer roll.

It does look disjointed on these pads, but when matched with the next color over I'm a huge fan of split outer rolls.

Obviously :)

I regretted not doing it on my V6 set and so glad I did on these.

20181115_112532.jpg

3 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I’m sure you’ve gotten some responses from this but yes, it definitely plays more like a hybrid pad but at the same time it still shoots those rebounds out where you need them. 

and since we’re all posting pictures of our pads... 

0D384D69-578F-4A86-B61A-56B944C01E5D.jpeg

Ah, that's right.  I forgot you added the orange recently.  They look great.  I like that graphic a lot.

This guy is the champion of this graphic, as far as I'm concerned.

image.png.f77b25f8d2017054c2567734c589b469.png

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, that's right.  I forgot you added the orange recently.  They look great.  I like that graphic a lot.

As far as I can tell, the way to have a good looking tribal graphic is a white base with black and red graphics. Like so:

IMG_0296.thumb.JPG.60c2cc4775ccf1aafd2e0e8669d7babd.JPG

*lol, just noticed the paddle on my stick looks really long and narrow.

Just now, ThatCarGuy said:

As far as I can tell, the way to have a good looking tribal graphic is a white base with black and red graphics. Like so:

IMG_0296.thumb.JPG.60c2cc4775ccf1aafd2e0e8669d7babd.JPG

That's fair.

Check out the photos I posted in the NHL Gear Sitings thread of Boucher in his sweet V4s with the orange in the breaks on the outer roll.   Those are good looking white based pads with tribals.

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Thanks. Here’s a pic with the dark jerseys to give you more of an idea (too bad I don’t wear that mask anymore haha) Off topic from SLR, prople that say this is just another overuse of a tribal style design is kidding themselves, maybe back in the v4 and v5 days, it’s my favorite current  graphic right now

also kinkaid WAS the king of this graphic, have you seen his current one? boring.  

745ADCC3-8906-41C1-9481-097861700661.jpeg

29 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Thanks. Here’s a pic with the dark jerseys to give you more of an idea (too bad I don’t wear that mask anymore haha) Off topic from SLR, prople that say this is just another overuse of a tribal style design is kidding themselves, maybe back in the v4 and v5 days, it’s my favorite current  graphic right now

also kinkaid WAS the king of this graphic, have you seen his current one? boring.  

745ADCC3-8906-41C1-9481-097861700661.jpeg

your pads are awesome!

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I think those white based gloves would mesh well with dark based pads with enough white in them.

You could pay +$100 and get the VAUGHN on the roll in blue or white, too :)

yeah i agree it could mesh well

and greiss uses black logos anyway so if im gonna try and match it might as well keep them black haha

Archived