CCM Pro Authentic Premier II stick

Math.

Hey goaliverse,

As anyone ever played the CCM Pro Authentic Premier II stick?  I picked up a Premier R1.5 recently that I absolutely hated at first but it grows on me the more I play it.  With Christmas around the corner and the multiple deals poping up on FB's marketplace, I kind of undermined my GF's gift ideas by pretty much replacing my whole set in 3 days!  So given that the R1.5 is more and more to my likings and the Pro Authentic is pretty much one of the greatest stick of that line-up I figured I could probably try it out.

Background:
- When I'm not playing the R1.5, I'm playing the CCM 860 Price model. 
- I've been playing foamcore for pretty much ever since upgrading from wooden Sherwoods. 
- The Premier 1.5 is a Crawford curve.

Comparison points:
- I hate the ring in my stick hand from puck impacts, that's pretty much the main reason I originaly hated the stick. 
- What I came to enjoy is, althought they're both 26", the stick Premier Crawford one seems to be slightly longer (paddle wise).  At least I seem to be doing a better job of keeping it on the ice as I am deflecting a lot more shots than previously.
- I'm a very poor puck player, at best.  I do like the solid feel of the composite though for the few times I've ventured into these lands.
- The Permier definitely feels heavier than the foam core.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

001159724.jpg

001153067.jpg

888600729190.jpg

heres what i know-

The premier II Pro Authentic is a pro stock. Straight from NHL Locker rooms. Basically you're getting a stick made to specs Crawford/Price, etc. use

Will be much lighter than your 1.5  and 860 right now, the.5 and .9 sticks are heavier by nature, as are all .5/.9 (senior level) things in hockey 

Take that as you will, but the pro authentic will be a big upgrade. Should help with everything, from vibrations, etc.

Also, to assess your sizing point , the premier sticks are an inch bigger than the foam cores. Tomy Ames pointed this out, compared when he got his premiers to his custom CCM Pro Foam Cores that were 26" to his CCM Premier Composite back when he tried the whole p1 line and that you gotta order 1 less inch, I heard you enjoyed the longer stick so if you like it then keep it i guess

I’ve used a P2 for about 9 months. It’s the retail version with a custom pattern. 

It’s a great stick. Has more of a foam core feel than the Bauer’s. However, it’s not as light. Weightwise, it’s more like an NXG. 

If you’re looking for your first premium composite, it’s probably a good bet for you. 

Keep in mind with a pro stock... There could be custom options you’ll never see. It could be an older model painted like a current one, could have a special flex, something different with the blade etc etc. that doesn’t mean it’s bad... just a reminder 

lastly, check out Hockey Stick Man if you’re looking for a cheap pro stock stick. I bought 3 sticks there with no issues 

WARNING!

That red/black pro stock stick you posted above is NOT 26"! It was printed that way, yes. But I have them in my store and when compared side by side to ANY other stick, it is actually a true 27" paddle length. So if you want 26", that is not the correct stck. Yes, it is pretty to look at.

Anyway the only other thing I can add is that the Premier 2 stick overall is a fantastic stick. Not my favorite out of all the top end composite sticks out there but it is a great choice!

1 minute ago, ULTIMA said:

WARNING!

That red/black pro stock stick you posted above is NOT 26"! It was printed that way, yes. But I have them in my store and when compared side by side to ANY other stick, it is actually a true 27" paddle length. So if you want 26", that is not the correct stck. Yes, it is pretty to look at.

Anyway the only other thing I can add is that the Premier 2 stick overall is a fantastic stick. Not my favorite out of all the top end composite sticks out there but it is a great choice!

Agreed. P2 just does everything solidly

what is your favorite?

I have 2 of the Crawford P2 and although I like the feel very much, the durability and quality fall way short. Constantly chipping and leaving black bits all over the ice. Both cracked in the same place on the blade within the first 60 days. My Bauer 2S sticks have been far more durable and lighyears ahead. In all my years playing, I had never busted a stick, these two didn’t go past 2 months. These are the last CCM sticks I will buy.

3 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

I have 2 of the Crawford P2 and although I like the feel very much, the durability and quality fall way short. Constantly chipping and leaving black bits all over the ice. Both cracked in the same place on the blade within the first 60 days. My Bauer 2S sticks have been far more durable and lighyears ahead. In all my years playing, I had never busted a stick, these two didn’t go past 2 months. These are the last CCM sticks I will buy.

Thanks for this - while I haven't yet broken mine, I have the Price version, and it seems thee are more and more red mini-flakes in the crease when I play. I was thinking along the same lines - i.e. that my next buy won't be a CCM.

Like you, I do very much like the feel though, so I'll have to buy somewhere that they have the CCM for side-by-side comparison. (As a few threads have demonstrated, a post it with the paddle and lie "measurements" scribbled down won't be much good once you compare offerings from one manufacturer to the next...)

43 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

To clearify... you have the P2 Pro model? There are two similar sticks and want to make sure there’s no confusion over models 

18 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

Uhhh, It's the Premier 2 and it says pro stock on the stick..so is that the same thing?

In my experience, no they are not the same. Pro Authentic is a retail version of a pro stock stick, complete with 90 day warranty. pro stock is pro stock, no warranty. I might be wrong but I believe construction and materials may be different between the 2

4 minutes ago, old but slow said:

In my experience, no they are not the same. Pro Authentic is a retail version of a pro stock stick, complete with 90 day warranty. pro stock is pro stock, no warranty. I might be wrong but I believe construction and materials may be different between the 2

That was also my undestanding.

Warranty rules may be different in different countries. But in Finland pro stock sticks have same warranty than regular sticks if you buy it from official dealer. Here is not any 90 or 30 days warranty rules, the importer decide if you get a new product. I heard that in Germany dealer choose if they give a new product, dealer get "extra product" if they buy X amount.

8 minutes ago, Korppi32 said:

Warranty rules may be different in different countries. But in Finland pro stock sticks have same warranty than regular sticks if you buy it from official dealer. Here is not any 90 or 30 days warranty rules, the importer decide if you get a new product. I heard that in Germany dealer choose if they give a new product, dealer get "extra product" if they buy X amount.

Most likely because business there is given to distributors and the distributor decides how they want to manage the waranty.  Waranties in North America is managed by CCM themselves (I would assume anyway), hence the possible discrepencies in policies.  I know it's how it was back when I was in the music retail industry, would be logic that it works the same for hockey gear.

Archived