One100 cowling issue

wox33

So I have a bit of a situation that I’d like to get some feedback on. I’ve been using my last pair of one100 skates that I had sitting around new in box for a couple of years and I couldn’t figure out why the right skate felt weird. Well today when I pulled the blade I noticed that it was a 4mm runner and the blade was 3mm. Super.

So what I have is a left skate with a 3mm runner and steel and a right skate with a 4mm runner and 3mm steal. 

I don’t suppose going to 4mm in the right skate with work so I’m wondering what risks I run continuing to go with the smaller blade in the bigger holder? It probably doesn’t make sense financially to buy new cowlings since they cost more than the skates are worth but I really wasn’t looking at getting new skates at the current time either. 

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Wow that sucks.  You probably couldn't even do anything about it since they've say in a box for so long waiting to be used.  Have you at least tried to contact anyone?  Bauer or the retailer you bought the skates?

I thought about reaching out to Bauer but since the skates are so old I figured they probably wouldn't give me the time of day. I can't even find the receipt for them in my email so I honestly can't even track down who I bought them from since I don't even recall at this point. Luckily it's not like I paid a ton of money for them being is I know I bought them on clearance when I did pick them up but it's just kind of annoying since I've been trying to figure out why the blade felt loose and now that I know I don't think there is much I can do to fix it for a reasonable amount of money.

27 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I thought about reaching out to Bauer but since the skates are so old I figured they probably wouldn't give me the time of day. I can't even find the receipt for them in my email so I honestly can't even track down who I bought them from since I don't even recall at this point. Luckily it's not like I paid a ton of money for them being is I know I bought them on clearance when I did pick them up but it's just kind of annoying since I've been trying to figure out why the blade felt loose and now that I know I don't think there is much I can do to fix it for a reasonable amount of money.

I would still go back to the retailer with it.  You never know.  If they still had a pair laying around that was defective, I'm sure Bauer would still honor that, so I don't see why they couldn't help you out with a swap of some kind.

I agree with Jayluv.  Try both Bauer and whatever you local shop is.  Chances are at one point they sold one100 skates so its not like they can pull the whole "We never sold that item so you definitely didn't buy it here" bullshit.  Even if they just supply you with a set of matching stock steel that would help.

I reached out to Bauer and they want all the purchase specifics so I have to run through all my stuff now and try and figure out who I bought them from and if they can re-issue the receipt for them. I still can't imagine anything will come of it but Bauer has taken care of me in the past on stuff so maybe I will be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived