R GT/2

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Unless you want to be a major bro and buy me a set? I'll even let you put whatever derogatory and offensive embroidery on it too.

Who wants to start a Kickstarter page?  I'm sure "Help us buy a set of goalie gear so tasteless the recipient refuses to wear it" would be a huge hit.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

I saw it already. The glove closes WAY better. I actually liked it more than the GT (it felt weird on my hand). THe palm is beefy with some extra padding over the break area too. Blocker's about the same. I had a chance to also inspect the new chesty and I think it's going to be a big hit. The arms are well beefed up at the forearm and bicep, elbow floaters have TWO flaps instead of the usual 1, and the heart/stomach pad is now a proper, significant center piece. There's also a lot of little details around that helps with long term wear areas, etc.

Hell. You should hit me up and we should go see this TOGETHER

The GT2 chest is going to impress a lot of goalies.  My "opinion" probably doesn't carry much clout being that I wear a Warrior hat everyday to work but, once you see the GT2 in person its blatantly obvious that the protection level is  the best on the market.  

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You overestimate the amount of pride I have.

Or perhaps you underestimate the depths of depravity I'd be willing to sink to in order to make sure we all got our money's worth?  😁😉  Realistically though I'd probably get a nice email from Warrior saying that there is no way in hell that they would be willing to embroider some of my ideas on their gear. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm a huge fan of the GT1 glove and sing its praises, so the deviation from it has me a tad nervous. But, from the descriptions, the closing fashion of it is still is up my alley.

And I'm down, was thinking of going tomorrow after work. I live 10 minutes away so let me know if you want to meet up.

How about Saturday? =D

12 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

The GT2 chest is going to impress a lot of goalies.  My "opinion" probably doesn't carry much clout being that I wear a Warrior hat everyday to work but, once you see the GT2 in person its blatantly obvious that the protection level is  the best on the market.  

It impressed me, and I only just tried it on.

I'm glad, Kirk, that you guys always seem to be able to update your gear with what the public wants. There's many a thing that I have Tinkered with Warrior gear since the G2 and the mods I have made always magically find an iteration of it on newer line gear. It's nice to know I'm not crazy and other people think of it too. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, ULTIMA said:

The glove on the new GT2 is questionable. We got our demo set and myself along with other associates agree that when you snap the glove shut, you hand is being pushed backward out of the glove. Cranked the straps, mucked around with it and still felt like your hand was slipping out. I think that design needs to be tweaked.

Anyone considering buying that glove, please do not buy blind and try it on beforehand.

I feel like the G4 is the same way

What date are they available on the retail floor? I want to get my hands on the pieces before I commit to an order, and I'll be up at goaliemonkey in Dallas in a few weeks when my True skates come in. I had warrior G2 pads and really liked them, and am currently using G3 glove (amazing - best glove of its generation imo) and blocker (comfortable, great finger protection, good everywhere except for paddle-down situations - but that could also just be me).

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

What date are they available on the retail floor? I want to get my hands on the pieces before I commit to an order, and I'll be up at goaliemonkey in Dallas in a few weeks when my True skates come in. I had warrior G2 pads and really liked them, and am currently using G3 glove (amazing - best glove of its generation imo) and blocker (comfortable, great finger protection, good everywhere except for paddle-down situations - but that could also just be me).

April 19th is the retail launch

4 hours ago, Teezle said:

They are available in stores already. My LHS has had the gear in stock for about 2 weeks now. I believe they cannot yet advertise online but it is in store now for sale

On 3/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, Kirk3190 said:

Has it maintained or improved the same level of mobility?

@Kirk3190 If it's not too late to take suggestion for the blocker, I strongly recommend making it in the "high" position permanently. It feels more balanced, better on the paddle down and avoids trying to locate the 100+ velcro attachments to undo and reposition. Doing this was a task beyond what I expected lolll.

And one other thing, how the hell do you guys grab your water bottle with the blocker? I got the SR GT and it's a friggin' struggle e-v-e-r-y time 😟