2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

I wonder if they got a good deal with the Monster folks based on their financial situation and/or CCM gave Pro Laces a better deal than Bauer could. I don't think they're the same kind of deal, but might be that there's some sort of non compete built in

Doubt it. Michel from Pro Laces is a friend of the Lefebvre family. I don’t know this for a fact, but I’d expect Michel approached Pat about working together.

2 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

That would explain it. I had no idea Pro-laces were a CCM option. Thanks.

Pro Laces are only for pro clients via the Montréal factory. The standard EF4 laces are just CCM’s version of bungee laces. 

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Doubt it. Michel from Pro Laces is a friend of the Lefebvre family. I don’t know this for a fact, but I’d expect Michel approached Pat about working together.

That makes sense, I knew the deals were pretty different but wasn't 100% sure it was just a pro option for ProLaces on CCM.

I'd still imagine that Bauer got a favourable deal with Monster's financial situation.  At least a lot cheaper than the money they'd spend on R&D and Legal to make a reasonable facsimile that passes their legal standards

• 4 weeks later...

I stand corrected on my assumption that his daughters' assault was fabricated for sympathy. I wish her all the best in healing. Horrific.

Everything else I've ever said about this company though seems to be on point. What a shit show. The employees need a lawyer and need to contact the police. Also file a formal complaint with the IRS, tax fraud is no joke. That poor woman not being able to file for unemployment is really pissing me off.

I enjoy the drama, but I totally saw them for what they are years ago. Something was off about them right from the get go as there were concerns posted about communication issues, delivery issues, non-delivery, etc. The complaints got worse over time, making it plainly obvious that they had serious issues on their end. Yet they kept trying to pump out the latest new invention that was going to revolutionize goaltending. 

And in the end it was never their fault. The customer's expectations were too high. The customer is a moron. The customer doesn't know how to communicate. Lost during delivery. Their email isn't working properly. Their website didn't process the order properly. Supply chain issues. Their supplier screwed them bad. And then when it all really starts coming to a head, the news with their daughter comes out. Just another opportunity to hide from reality and face the facts. 

I went to bungee toe ties 3 year ago. I was totally willing to spend the money to not have the hassle of making my own. But rather than deal with this dumpster fire of a company, I made my own anyway. Several sets in fact, to share with friends. And in the end it had nothing to do with them being smeared by anyone.....they did it to themselves by being an untrustworthy company. The evidence was everywhere, but there were still a lot of people buying the hype and believing monster when they downplayed their issues. Which brings me to...... 

Facebook. Their marketing on Facebook was the first thing that made me feel they were a hokey company. All sorts of endless hype. Constant monster bag licking on GGSU. They could have made a monster backpack with Maltese padding and people would have been happy to shell out $200 for it. Somebody would report issues in dealing with monster and in the end the monster brigade would be the ones crapping all over them. Funny to see the responses then versus now. 

Man, what a bummer. I'd never had anything but a good experience with them. Though, I'd only ever ordered HAL straps, their Pro Bridge kit, and their jock (which is still by far the best jock I've ever seen or owned).

So shady. If the guy wanted to continue doing business as a dude in his basement, then have at it (and update your stock on the website accordingly), but fucking over customers and employees is just sad. The lack of tax registration is unbelievable. I'm not going to say "fuck Monster" because again they have always been good to me, but certainly there will be plenty of that from everyone else to make up for it ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I filed a complaint with the BBB - along with many others.  I got a note back that said the Laums are not responding to any calls or letters from the BBB.  I understand there was a family issue, but stealing money from hundreds of customers is not the right way to handle your business.  I liked to buy from them because Jeff was a Marine, but this is not the honorable way to treat clients and customers.  Really terrible.

Wow. How the mighty have fallen. I wish I could see the Lying Laums FB page, but I am not rejoining FB just to read. 

It makes me wonder how much truth was ever told by Jeff. We used to chat, but after I started chirping when stuff was taking longer than normal, that’s when our acquaintanceship died. I will never forget “three business days is not that long” when asking why I had not heard anything about the status of an “in-stock” item, in which I knew there was trouble and quit buying their products. Laura also told me to “adjust my attitude” as far as correspondence!  As we all know, three business days in the current retail climate may as well be an eternity! In light of this, I am happy as hell that I could not possibly get dragged down by him by remaining an acquaintance! 

This is just a shitshow. And to think that he was considering to make me into a rep at one point; I am glad that I never had to try to live that down.

5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Wow. How the mighty have fallen. I wish I could see the Lying Laums FB page, but I am not rejoining FB just to read. 

It makes me wonder how much truth was ever told by Jeff. We used to chat, but after I started chirping when stuff was taking longer than normal, that’s when our acquaintanceship died. I will never forget “three business days is not that long” when asking why I had not heard anything about the status of an “in-stock” item, in which I knew there was trouble and quit buying their products. Laura also told me to “adjust my attitude” as far as correspondence!  As we all know, three business days in the current retail climate may as well be an eternity! In light of this, I am happy as hell that I could not possibly get dragged down by him by remaining an acquaintance! 

This is just a shitshow. And to think that he was considering to make me into a rep at one point; I am glad that I never had to try to live that down.

I wish I only had to wait 3 business days for anything. The last email I got from them was 5 weeks ago for an order I played in March 2018.  I just assume that’s never coming.

Even better, Laura promised in her last email that when my order is filled I’d get a coupon for a future purchase. It made me laugh.  

6 minutes ago, TheWall0211 said:

I wish I only had to wait 3 business days for anything. The last email I got from them was 5 weeks ago for an order I played in March 2018.  I just assume that’s never coming.

Even better, Laura promised in her last email that when my order is filled I’d get a coupon for a future purchase. It made me laugh.  

That is where it signaled trouble; three days for an in stock item? Flash sale with no merchandise? I dropped them as the complaints were getting worse AND the products were slipping in quality. 

I do hope you get satisfaction.

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order for a junk trunk on March 2018. After endless explanations, in December I had enough and asked them to cancel my order and return my money. They promised to do so but, surprise, nothing happened. Luckily I paid the order with a credit card and got my money back via the bank. A couple of days after the refund I received this message from Monster Hockey:

Jarmo:

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience she experienced awaiting a refund from Monster Hockey. We are currently awaiting payments from several partners of our own, which has led to exceptional delay in processing refunds for Jocks. We can confirm all Jock refunds will be issued no later than June 2019. We understand your frustration with Monster Hockey in this situation and would like to reassure her that we have taken this situation very seriously and have ensured that we have processes in place to prevent such mistakes in the future.

Now I'll just wait with interest what will happen.

2 hours ago, TresPasser said:

I placed an order for a junk trunk on March 2018. After endless explanations, in December I had enough and asked them to cancel my order and return my money. They promised to do so but, surprise, nothing happened. Luckily I paid the order with a credit card and got my money back via the bank. A couple of days after the refund I received this message from Monster Hockey:

Now I'll just wait with interest what will happen.

Wow. Just wow. 

I am so glad I was never seriously injured by these people. I am so lucky that all it was for me was a teeny bit of inconvenience, and that they were very much in the “Let’s not let bunnyman get in touch with that number at the end of his name!” mode. I was a serious pain in the ass for only $20 when order speed started slipping. I never contacted them about how the quality had seriously slipped, and I know I would have gotten SERIOUS attitude from them had I contacted them about how poorly made the subsequent versions of their K-strap was made. I have several sets of pads and had equipped almost every pair with them. The first pair still are in great shape; the rest are “bacon”, the condition he always guaranteed they would not become!

I am still very sorry I had EVER defended Jeff. He was just SO nice in the beginning and was way over the top with his customer service that it was utterly unfathomable that he slipped into scum bag mode until I started seeing it for myself. I stopped spending with him when his wife started chastising me for being “impatient”. I am glad I was only inconvenienced for a week. As we all know, “in stock” should ship in three days or fewer. In today’s lightning quick order filling scenarios, most people feel that two days from ordering is ample time for the product to be picked, pulled, and packaged.  

What is shocking is that Bauer is still using the Monster name on their strapping system, but there must still be a segment of the goalie population that has never heard of Monster or their bad reputation. I would think that Bauer social media officers would have seen all of the different “buyer beware” threads and Facebook pages dedicated to these scoundrels that would have caused them to pull the plug. But the fact Bauer is only licensing the tech and the name whilst manufacturing the product themselves is the only reason why they haven’t canceled the agreement. If Monster were actually responsible for manufacturing the equipment would have resulted in numerous lawsuits, restraining orders, etc., etc. 

I also ordered during the pre-sale in March 2018.  I’ve asked for an order status update. Nothing.  I’ve asked for a refund.  Nothing.  Total silence.  My son has been blocked from all their social media simply for asking questions.  It’s terrible.

13 minutes ago, TheWall0211 said:

I also ordered during the pre-sale in March 2018.  I’ve asked for an order status update. Nothing.  I’ve asked for a refund.  Nothing.  Total silence.  My son has been blocked from all their social media simply for asking questions.  It’s terrible.

That is not uncommon, unfortunately. I think @TheGoalNet is also blocked. Heck- I may be, too! 

Welcome to the Monster exile club!

It sucks what's happened to all of you and I do hope you get your money back eventually but I have no sympathy for those of you who've lost money on orders made in the last year or two.  The writing has been on the wall for this company for a long time.  I've been saying it for years now...

STOP BUYING PRODUCTS FROM THIS COMPANY

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

What is shocking is that Bauer is still using the Monster name on their strapping system

I think they've actually done a decent job of limiting it to the "HAL" strapping system and not Monster.  I think I've only seen Monster in a couple pictures on Insta as the screened graphic on the 2X Pro toe ties.

Given that the company apparently never legally existed, what do we think the possibilities of them having no concrete claim to that design is and Bauer ends up just kinda having it at some point?  I'm no expert in patent law and design trademark.  I actually did a search on the US Patent website and only found ProLaces, Toe hook and something similar that had nobody's name that I recognized.  Maybe @djtendy can drop back in for a minute to explain details? :P

Edited by Mroy31

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

I think they've actually done a decent job of limiting it to the "HAL" strapping system and not Monster.  I think I've only seen Monster in a couple pictures on Insta as the screened graphic on the 2X Pro toe ties.

Given that the company apparently never legally existed, what do we think the possibilities of them having no concrete claim to that design is and Bauer ends up just kinda having it at some point?  I'm no expert in patent law and design trademark.  I actually did a search on the US Patent website and only found ProLaces, Toe hook and something similar that had nobody's name that I recognized.  Maybe @djtendy can drop back in for a minute to explain details? :P

I will be SHOCKED if @djtendy responds...

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

A lot of things end up owned by others due to not dotting “i’s” and  crossing “t’s” and mixing up “p’s and q’s” and it seems that could easily be the case, which is karma for greed.   

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

The company does exist, though. You can look them up on the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's Business Entity page (https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch).

Whether they filed and paid their payroll taxes is another question. 🤭