29 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am trying like mad to find a good sewing machine cheap. I want a floating foot upholstery machine, and I know I don’t have to pay too much if I look hard. I have missed out on two ?

This is what I'm using.  A buddies mom closed her upholstery business, and sold this machine to me.  He might have more of them, but I doubt he'd ship.

IMG_5095.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, I just saw their account blocked mine. 

Further proof that people read our site and we’re gaining traction 

I love the concept of Monster, but will not a promote a small company that does not deliver on time or has customer service issues.

small businesses should thrive on those two aspects 

As someone who used to be a rep for them, all I can say is that for a while they were doing their best. Followed by them not taking criticism very well. I absolutely love my Monster products. I've tweaked and played with them to get them the way I want from their stock product. 

As a fellow military veteran, I fully understand what Jeff and his family have to go through. I honestly want him to succeed. I know of a few products yet to be released as I was on a few product test rosters. I sincerely hope things come together for them. I want them to succeed, not just as a friend and fellow vet, but as a customer since the beginning.

IMG_20170909_215300.jpg

20161231_142056.jpg

IMG_20171128_212030_485.jpg

IMG_20171121_210012_997.jpg

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Actually, I just their account blocked mine. 

Further proof that people read our site and we’re gaining traction 

I love the concept of Monster, but will not a promote a small company that does not deliver on time or has customer service issues.

small businesses should thrive on those two aspects 

I understand where you’re coming from...

I still buy products from them, and am STILL rooting for Jeff as he seems to be a great bloke; however- these letdowns just keep piling up. The last order was pretty good; I just hope the stuff I just ordered holds up better...

Jeff has a great mind and changed the toe strap debate forever. Kewlbands were a flash in the pan and their other stuff has yet to catch due to many being turned off by insane wait times (knee blocks taking 3/4 times than full set of gear) 

As he continued to branch out with products and grow the company, they simply couldn’t meet demand and refused to change things to streamline the production of their items. 

This paired with Jeff’s ongoing health issues made for a bad recipe.  I read the other day they’ve acquired new space so maybe that’ll eliminate some issues. 

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Jeff has a great mind and changed the toe strap debate forever. Kewlbands were a flash in the pan and their other stuff has yet to catch due to many being turned off by insane wait times (knee blocks taking 3/4 times than full set of gear) 

As he continued to branch out with products and grow the company, they simply couldn’t meet demand and refused to change things to streamline the production of their items. 

This paired with Jeff’s ongoing health issues made for a bad recipe.  I read the other day they’ve acquired new space so maybe that’ll eliminate some issues. 

I hope so. Despite having minor issues with getting things on time, others having MUCH worse issues, and possibly materials changes, I am rooting for him. 

I feel badly when I trash his company knowing what he has gone through. We had a few telephone conversations when I was trying to figure out his stuff. That’s when I got to know Jeff. 

Maybe he’ll get his stuff together and this thread will show how far he will have gone from where it is now. 

Edited by bunnyman666

@LordOfTheCrease - I want Jeff to succeed too.  He offers many products that people love and fill a nice niche. That's also why I try to be very precise whenever I have talked about them on social media. I am not out to try and ruin a guy or start a campaign against them. There's just some business 101 issues they can't figure out and it's painful to see or deal with them. 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@LordOfTheCrease - I want Jeff to succeed too.  He offers many products that people love and fill a nice niche. That's also why I try to be very precise whenever I have talked about them on social media. I am not out to try and ruin a guy or start a campaign against them. There's just some business 101 issues they can't figure out and it's painful to see or deal with them. 

Absolutely. I was actually discussing these same issuses with another former rep this morning. I understand both sides of the business, Jeff doesnt want to stop because if he does, he's going to lose business. However, if he doesn't take a break before he drowns, the business is not going to have the best reputation when the come out on the other side of this. I love him like a brother. A much older decrepit jar head of a brother. I dont wish poor things happen to him or his. Sometimes though, you need to just stop, step back, and look at the problem from another perspective.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

Absolutely. I was actually discussing these same issuses with another former rep this morning. I understand both sides of the business, Jeff doesnt want to stop because if he does, he's going to lose business. However, if he doesn't take a break before he drowns, the business is not going to have the best reputation when the come out on the other side of this. I love him like a brother. A much older decrepit jar head of a brother. I dont wish poor things happen to him or his. Sometimes though, you need to just stop, step back, and look at the problem from another perspective.

Having owned successful AND failing businesses, you either need to hire someone who won’t snow you to realise what is going on or you figure it out when you’re selling off the last bits. Sometimes it take years AFTER to know what is going on.

You have to be thoroughly prepared for where your business could go when setting out to do these things. The moment you get a figurative cash register and start taking peoples’ money, you have to get ready for what can happen and not let it swallow you whole.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok well, even though i was warned not to I ordered some knee blocks to complete my Reactor overhaul.  After 2 months, I have finally pulled the plug.  Last week i was informed that my knee blocks would be shipped out that week and I would get a message to that end....   No message came.  Today I inquired into whether they had an update and I was told that they would be ready and happy to ship the blocks as soon as they revieved my payment (ordered through a rep) and..... get this..... their foam order shows up.....  So the blocks were'nt even built yet.  

I thanked them for their time and told them I'd build my own as I'd already been dealing with knee issues for 2 months waiting for them.

I should have heeded @Kayen's warning....

12 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Ok well, even though i was warned not to I ordered some knee blocks to complete my Reactor overhaul.  After 2 months, I have finally pulled the plug.  Last week i was informed that my knee blocks would be shipped out that week and I would get a message to that end....   No message came.  Today I inquired into whether they had an update and I was told that they would be ready and happy to ship the blocks as soon as they revieved my payment (ordered through a rep) and..... get this..... their foam order shows up.....  So the blocks were'nt even built yet.  

I thanked them for their time and told them I'd build my own as I'd already been dealing with knee issues for 2 months waiting for them.

I should have heeded @Kayen's warning....

So much for that new "Operations Center" improving wait times... Sad

I can second this as well. I have two experiences with monster

First time

5/7/16 order placed for monster Hal kit along with discussion about Ryno kit

5/14/16 payment received and was told production would start the following week

6/28/16 followed up asking what was going on with them, stated I wasn’t in a rush and asked about purchasing the Ryno kit. I was told I would have an answer soon.

7/24/16 asked for another update and was told it was still in production and I would have the tracking as soon as it shipped.

8/29/16 asked for a cancellation of the order and received it.

8/30/16 was contacted and told that the rep didn’t complete the order on the monster side BUT the rep was authorized to offer 15% off if I gave them a second chance

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

So, myself and Bunny had a bad issue with them? That’s 2.

Can you please chime in if you ordered something and if it was good or bad. 

I’d like to see the difference between good experiences and bad? 

Ordered and paid for HAL's Feb 2017 waited months, got some excuse that "my mailbox is unoccupied" at my building. Not true. Spoke on the phone with Jeff with an alternate mailing address just to be sure annnnnnnnnnnd I use Pro Laces now.

They have my money I don't care anymore. Keep it. 

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

So, myself and Bunny had a bad issue with them? That’s 2.

Can you please chime in if you ordered something and if it was good or bad. 

I’d like to see the difference between good experiences and bad? 

Back in February of 2017, I saw they were selling some blemished HAL toe straps through a post on GGSU.

Bought them from the website using the promo code. Got a ship notification that same day.

They showed up quickly from what I remember.

I never had a problem, presumably because the item was in stock and ready to ship.

16 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Back in February of 2017, I saw they were selling some blemished HAL toe straps through a post on GGSU.

Bought them from the website using the promo code. Got a ship notification that same day.

They showed up quickly from what I remember.

I never had a problem, presumably because the item was in stock and ready to ship.

The “whitish” HALs were what turned my opinion for the worst! They claimed that they were in “production” three business days after I ordered. I chirped loudly and got first quality HALs, but that’s when my opinion started to change.

I had STELLAR experiences prior, and now that the K-straps are now utter shit, I am FIRMLY anti-Monster. I like Jeff, but now they SUCK.