6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The “whitish” HALs were what turned my opinion for the worst! They claimed that they were in “production” three business days after I ordered. I chirped loudly and got first quality HALs, but that’s when my opinion started to change.

I had STELLAR experiences prior, and now that the K-straps are now utter shit, I am FIRMLY anti-Monster. I like Jeff, but now they SUCK.

Yes, nothing I’m questioning is about Jeff the person. It’s about about Monster’s delivery, customer service, and/or product durability. 

Can you remind what your basic issue was? They didn’t supply what was ordered and some of their later product broke?

13 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, nothing I’m questioning is about Jeff the person. It’s about about Monster’s delivery, customer service, and/or product durability. 

Can you remind what your basic issue was? They didn’t supply what was ordered and some of their later product broke?

Whitish Hals that were in production instead of being available immediately in a “flash sale”, and the new, “improved” K-straps losing their elasticity pretty quickly. I have a new set of K straps that are losing their elasticity pretty quickly as we speak!

In short- fulfilment and durability issues. Nothing like people waiting six months for knee blocks.

Edited by bunnyman666

So I've ordered a few things myself... HALs (although have since gone back to Pro Laces), a Gel Band, and a Skinny Gel Band. Delivery was never an issue for me but I was also ordering "off the shelf" items. I have been interested in purchasing some Fazio Spec knee blocks, but with everything I've been reading I may be better off adding this to the short list of things for @Beccaraptor to do in the spring when I have the pads shaved down. I don't mind an extended wait time if I know a product will be worth it, and I know up front it will take 8 weeks to get, but from what I'm hearing lead times continue to be an issue and it's just a headache than can be avoided so why do it?

Just now, motowngoalie said:

Ordered HAL's on the 16th using the 20% grand opening promo they had running. I've received an order confirmation, but that's it so far.....

I will never forget when I emailed four or five days later on a flash sale item asking where my stuff was and they said to me “three business days is not that long”. In the world of instantaneous order fulfillment, we have come to expect orders to be shipped next day. 

I have learnt to never order during a sale...

@TheGoalNet

Monsters products are innovative and game changing, and there are people that swear by them and I personally do like their products. As someone who has had family members serve in the military I root for Jeff and his company.

The second time I ordered from them I ordered 2 Hal straps, shoulder harness and pro bridge kit, order placed on 4/15/17 with a confirmation email.

On 4/22 I had reached out to a rep asking for an update and was told he doesn’t have access to any shipping info (understandable) but I should give it a few days and email. He explained that I they had just hired a new person who was learning their system(understandable). I gave it a few more days and then emailed on 5/1 asking for any update and explaining that this was now the second time in dealing with monster that I had a negative experience with either no communication or communication of me having to follow up. I wasn’t belligerent in my email.

Based on my first experience of having to follow up after I paid for the products the first time I figured it was par for the course. However based on the interaction below I felt differently at the end. 

I finally received a response on 5/1 (Monday) and was told the shoulder harness was a custom item and it would take 2 weeks for completion but (miraculously!) they would be shipped out that day.

I had to email again on 5/5 (Friday) asking for a tracking number for the order that I was told would go out on Monday. I received this response. 

“Your items are shipping today. Just waiting on the black Hal which are arriving today before I take this to the post office at 430. I do apologize that this didn’t ship Monday. Jeff was unable to sew due to a foot injury.” There was a picture attached with the bags all ready to be shipped out. To me that’s a legit reason however it left me wondering with the questions I have below.

There were a few emails sent back and forth about confirming my shipping address if it was an apartment or suite and finally a tracking number on 5/5

Did the items not ship on Monday 5/1 because they couldn’t be sewn or did they not ship on 5/1 because they were waiting for the black Hal’s? If they were going to infact ship on Monday wouldn’t the address confirmation about the apartment or suite be brought up then? 

I don’t expect any specific answers to those questions however in my judgement I feel deceived by the answers as to why they products weren’t shipped. I also wonder as to why after getting the money for the items the only communication seems to be when customers reach out to them. It’s tough for customers to feel valued when the only communication is one way.

Let me also add this, I was thinking of ordering the knee blocks, however after hearing they had issues with foam suppliers, or address issues I was still willing to give them a shot with what I thought were non custom items. Then place the order for the knee blocks. I passed.

12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I was considering ordering Medusa straps to show off mask art better. I’ve seen some quality concerns for other products, but no one has mentioned the Medusa. Should I skip it and go a different way? 

Dragon 

Skip the headache... I have outsider straps from Doug Wager... Do the same thing and don't take months to come... Dennis always has them in stock as well:

https://goalieparts.com/products/outsider

Edited by cwarnar

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I was considering ordering Medusa straps to show off mask art better. I’ve seen some quality concerns for other products, but no one has mentioned the Medusa. Should I skip it and go a different way? 

Dragon 

Well the Medusa straps are just shock cords and cage clips essentially with a few tabs sewn up, there's not much to mess up with that. 
I'll chime in and say there are a lot of companies doing open harnesses now, and they're relatively easy to find - I would avoid the Nash offering though.

@Doobiesnax I told you so. My blocks were quoted out at a few weeks, but ended being around half a year before i got my blocks. I also ordered HAL straps and K-Straps on the same order that I would have appreciated if they didn't wait all that time to ship those out too. 

Also... has anyone seen their new product "jock blocker"..... :rofl::rofl::eyeroll:

3 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Well the Medusa straps are just shock cords and cage clips essentially with a few tabs sewn up, there's not much to mess up with that. 
I'll chime in and say there are a lot of companies doing open harnesses now, and they're relatively easy to find - I would avoid the Nash offering though.

@Doobiesnax I told you so. My blocks were quoted out at a few weeks, but ended being around half a year before i got my blocks. I also ordered HAL straps and K-Straps on the same order that I would have appreciated if they didn't wait all that time to ship those out too. 

Also... has anyone seen their new product "jock blocker"..... :rofl::rofl::eyeroll:

I honestly can't understand who would order it... I know my Brown 2300 pants came with a lace in crotch protector that went inside the pant... I removed it as I thought it was overkill... This thing seems like the Pontiac Aztek of the goalie world

27067154_10102523787912582_5200960075713791027_n.jpg.c159c80435ba8d03770da902b1e7f4dc.jpg

At $50-60 USD no less

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I honestly can't understand who would order it... I know my Brown 2300 pants came with a lace in crotch protector that went inside the pant... I removed it as I thought it was overkill... This thing seems like the Pontiac Aztek of the goalie world

27067154_10102523787912582_5200960075713791027_n.jpg.c159c80435ba8d03770da902b1e7f4dc.jpg

At $50-60 USD no less

Image result for codpiece

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Dragon 

http://www.padskinz.ca/product/goal-mask-harness/

Have one of these on all three of my masks. Work really good and it's a high quality elastic strap that will last.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

At $50-60 USD no less

I like the Pontiac Aztek reference...

Also to note that you will never see ANY NHL-er wear these as they are illegal in the NHL.

@Doobiesnax If I were to order one, I would spec it to be studded like the codpiece for my Gene Simmons costume! Yes- I used to be the part of Gene Simmons in a KISS tribute act!  

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

I like the Pontiac Aztek reference...

Also to note that you will never see ANY NHL-er wear these as they are illegal in the NHL.

@Doobiesnax If I were to order one, I would spec it to be studded like the codpiece for my Gene Simmons costume! Yes- I used to be the part of Gene Simmons in a KISS tribute act!  

I'm sorry for the audience that had to witness that.

GGSU HAL straps - no notice of shipment and had to ask for updates.  Shipping time about three weeks

Suspenders - payment went through, then was made aware they didn't have the color I requested.  Delayed a couple weeks.  They finally arrived.  The Jenpro was fraying and looked unfinished.  Length of suspenders doesn't even allow me to get over chest protector.

Maltese sweatband - Ordered two, only received one.  Contacted them and they sent another.

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

At $50-60 USD no less

I agree. It's just another way to peddle Monster/Maltese products when I can't quite see why there's a need for this.. Maybe if your jock wasn't serving you well - but then again at the price point I might as well spend a bit more and get a good jock. It seems like a cumbersome external attachment if anything.

3 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

http://www.padskinz.ca/product/goal-mask-harness/

Have one of these on all three of my masks. Work really good and it's a high quality elastic strap that will last.

These ones are the Nash ones i was talking about. Unless they've updated it the reviews i've seen have not been stellar.

2 hours ago, sebastiancp1 said:

GGSU HAL straps - no notice of shipment and had to ask for updates.  Shipping time about three weeks

Suspenders - payment went through, then was made aware they didn't have the color I requested.  Delayed a couple weeks.  They finally arrived.  The Jenpro was fraying and looked unfinished.  Length of suspenders doesn't even allow me to get over chest protector.

Maltese sweatband - Ordered two, only received one.  Contacted them and they sent another.

Seems like par for course with a lot of orders... 

17 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Ordered and paid for HAL's Feb 2017 waited months, got some excuse that "my mailbox is unoccupied" at my building. Not true. Spoke on the phone with Jeff with an alternate mailing address just to be sure annnnnnnnnnnd I use Pro Laces now.

They have my money I don't care anymore. Keep it. 

17 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Back in February of 2017, I saw they were selling some blemished HAL toe straps through a post on GGSU.

Bought them from the website using the promo code. Got a ship notification that same day.

They showed up quickly from what I remember.

I never had a problem, presumably because the item was in stock and ready to ship.

You probably received @Pauly35or00's HALs :rofl: 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Kayen said:

These ones are the Nash ones i was talking about. Unless they've updated it the reviews i've seen have not been stellar

I haven't single issue with all three of them. It the same style of elastic Protechsport sent with my 1st mask and it's held up alot better then any of the elastic harness I got. The one from Wesal head last me about year, year and half before I replaced it with another one. The elastic that looks almost like Terry cloth never seems to last long. They absorb alot more sweat and are prone to memory stretch which seems to break them down more quickly.  What were the problems with the Nash ones? I have never seen them mentioned anywhere.