Help with 1S Strapping and 1X Knee pads

Knighter

34 minutes ago, Knighter said:

I have the 1s pads and with my 1x knee pads the knee block stretches out and the velcro holding the block and landing pulls apart. Any suggestions on how to fix it (I'm already using the longest knee strap)

So the knee blocks on the 1S are pretty floppy, they're almost always going to push out a bit, especially if you've got any slack on the knee strap. 

As for the pulling apart, the easier thing to try is to move the double sided Velcro part of the strap as close to the edge of the Velcro on the knee block as possible. So imagine the further in towards the pad you put that attachment, the more of the elastic strap is blocking the sandwich of knee block and poron flap Velcro, so it folds up more easily. If you move it so there is no non-velcro part as part of that sandwich, it will be a lot stronger of a Velcro sandwich. 

The more invasive thing you can do is something both @TheGoalNet and I did, which is to cut a slit in the poron flap to thread the knee strap through. This is a mod you can see quite often on Brian's gear. That will allow more of the Velcro to stay sandwiched together without the elastic strap interfering and pulling it apart. It will also give you a more secure attachment to keep your knee from sliding off the block. 

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

So the knee blocks on the 1S are pretty floppy, they're almost always going to push out a bit, especially if you've got any slack on the knee strap. 

As for the pulling apart, the easier thing to try is to move the double sided Velcro part of the strap as close to the edge of the Velcro on the knee block as possible. So imagine the further in towards the pad you put that attachment, the more of the elastic strap is blocking the sandwich of knee block and poron flap Velcro, so it folds up more easily. If you move it so there is no non-velcro part as part of that sandwich, it will be a lot stronger of a Velcro sandwich. 

The more invasive thing you can do is something both @TheGoalNet and I did, which is to cut a slit in the poron flap to thread the knee strap through. This is a mod you can see quite often on Brian's gear. That will allow more of the Velcro to stay sandwiched together without the elastic strap interfering and pulling it apart. It will also give you a more secure attachment to keep your knee from sliding off the block. 

I also changed the knee blocks out when I did this. Contact @Beccaraptor PAW Goalie Gear if you want custem knee blocks or elastic straps made

Archived