A song that actually reflects your life this very moment

RichMan

On 12/17/2018 at 11:16 AM, MTH said:

I've been playing Pantera tunes for my 12 and 9 year old sons while driving. They just like hearing the f word I think.

My 13 year old daughter is into metal.  Pantera, Slipknot, System of a Down etc.  

My son is taking drum lessons and is working on Enter Sandman.  Helps that his instructor is in a thrash metal band.  :)

17 minutes ago, MTH said:

I actually hate the Foo Fighters. Dave is just too corny and their songs are all played beyond reasonable amounts. I know they're good.

Foo Fighters is the epitome of generic rock music.  It's listenable, just dull.

Not everyone's tee, but I've been enjoying Russian Circles and similar bands (If these trees could talk, Long Distance Calling, Etc).

34 minutes ago, MTH said:

I actually hate the Foo Fighters. Dave is just too corny and their songs are all played beyond reasonable amounts. I know they're good.

As Tank says.... PASS!

1411489776853.jpg

(Bobby Lee skit on the old Mad TV show)

Family Van rock.

It's a shame because Dave is a killer drummer and has played on numerous albums that I enjoy (i.e. Nirvana, Killing Joke, Queens Of The Stone Age, Scream, even on a David Bowie song), but his own stuff is so tame and plain. It's so "meh" I can't even properly dislike it because it's not worth festering over. I feel like his attitude is a front for some underlying sinister thing that he did and wants no one to suspect. It's too Guy Fieri to be real.

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Foo Fighters is the epitome of generic rock music.  It's listenable, just dull.

Not everyone's tee, but I've been enjoying Russian Circles and similar bands (If these trees could talk, Long Distance Calling, Etc).

Kinda sounds like Isis (THE BAND) Lite. If you aren't familiar, check out Oceanic and Wavering Radiant. I think you'd love them judging by your other listed bands. OH and early Mogwai, too.

1 hour ago, Moose75 said:

Kinda sounds like Isis (THE BAND) Lite. If you aren't familiar, check out Oceanic and Wavering Radiant. I think you'd love them judging by your other listed bands. OH and early Mogwai, too.

Big fan of these guys. Saw them live when they opened up for Tool for the 10,000 Days tour.

I own all of their CD's

18 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Big fan of these guys. Saw them live when they opened up for Tool for the 10,000 Days tour.

I own all of their CD's

Isn’t that just adorable? I mean, I have CDs... but I’m an old man, according to... well, you! 

Don’ the youngsters like you talk about mp3s, and Spotify...? 

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Isn’t that just adorable? I mean, I have CDs... but I’m an old man, according to... well, you! 

Don’ the youngsters like you talk about mp3s, and Spotify...? 

It’s all about that Vinyl, FLAC and .wav files. Gimme them high fidelity sounds.

I actually hate Spotify.

Archived