Homemade neck guard

Ross

46 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here’s some Shock Tec foams 

https://www.shocktec.com/Order/

PAW also sells some foams 

http://www.protectiveathleticwear.com/materials.htm

I believe the stuff Paw sells comes from Shocktec. Shocktec was the original supplier of the gel for the 1st generation Maltese neck guards. There was some discussion about this on the old gsbb. The HD air2gel is what Shcoktec recommend for anything goalie related. I spoke alot with the owner/sales rep Tom and he said the HD air gel is lighter but just as protective as the standard gel they also sell.

2 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I believe the stuff Paw sells comes from Shocktec. Shocktec was the original supplier of the gel for the 1st generation Maltese neck guards. There was some discussion about this on the old gsbb. The HD air2gel is what Shcoktec recommend for anything goalie related. I spoke alot with the owner/sales rep Tom and he said the HD air gel is lighter but just as protective as the standard gel they also sell.

The gel looks like what I want for my Franken-knee project on the knee landing area 

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

The gel looks like what I want for my Franken-knee project on the knee landing area 

If you email them and talk with Tom he is pretty good at directing you to the thickness and how many layers you should use. The Air2gel is used in bullet proof vest and vest for protection in the armed forces. I was going to redo the inside of a mask with it but came across a die cut Maltese set for a good price so I jumped at that. I still want to get some for any mods I want to do later on down the line.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone

So the awesome dude @ross shipped the red neckguard to me. And i can't get used to it. No matter how i adjust it, there's always pressure on my adam's apple.

So i am going to pay it forward and give it to someone else. If you live in Canada i can ship it for like 10. If you're in the Montreal area, come amd get it!

In The US of A i dont know but i can check it out. 

Contact me if you want it

• 4 weeks later...

Small update. Havok sent me the red neck guard. Used it for a few skates now. Ross made a very good neck guard. Works great for me. 

Wanted to Thank Havok for sending it to me. Wanted to Thank Ross for making it. 

Cheers Boys!!

17 hours ago, Max27 said:

what do you mean? Like say i bought poron and sold you it?

Well as a company, unless you have a license with Poron you can't sell it. Since they license their product to Bauer for hockey products, Bauer has exclusive rights for using it. Like it's fine if you or I get some and then sell it because it's a one-time thing. I could be wrong but I just found it confusing.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

Well as a company, unless you have a license with Poron you can't sell it. Since they license their product to Bauer for hockey products, Bauer has exclusive rights for using it. Like it's fine if you or I get some and then sell it because it's a one-time thing. I could be wrong but I just found it confusing.

ohhhh i get what you mean. I checked the website of Poron and it said their only 3 Sport parterships are Bauer, Gform and Xtech, so i guess you dont need a partnership to have access to it. 

Archived