1X Knee Landing Issue

TheGoalNet

I got lots of DMs about these photos on IG and figured any Bauer users with 1X strapping can share their thoughts...2E003040-5D3C-40FC-AF51-42722E6375C1.thumb.jpeg.816ff8acad174aca57accdd6dd19bfc4.jpeg

From my standpoint, if you are having an issue, it should be pretty order to contact @Beccaraptor and get a shorter strap made... 

Heres my IG post:

In green; appears Brossoit’s knee falls off the stack. Here’s my thoughts: 1. He either wears his elastic knee strap extremely loose or it’s longer than normal. We don’t typically see this much movement. This would also make sense considering he had a pad pop off earlier this year. 2. This a static photo of a dynamic event and it skews what happened a bit. Brossoit was scrambling on this play. When you scramble, your pads and body twist and shift into unusual positions 3. This also highlights what I feel is an underrated  function of knee pads. I don’t know about you, but I rarely, if ever, get hit in the knee. I mainly wear knee pads to protect my knees and give them extra cushion as they hit the knee stack. This also allows me to use a firmer knee stack which is better for seal.  Side benefit for awkward or scrambling plays; it also gives your knees extra protection if they get out of position with your pad. 

Looks like he straps it down to the calf wrap. That’s what mine did back when I had them the first time until I strapped straight across. It’s something weird about those pads since my eflex’s and now my pve’s I go back down to the wrap and have no slip outs. 

17 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Looks like he straps it down to the calf wrap. That’s what mine did back when I had them the first time until I strapped straight across. It’s something weird about those pads since my eflex’s and now my pve’s I go back down to the wrap and have no slip outs. 

I wore 1S quite a bit. I only did a 1X demo. 

I had no issues during my 1X demo. I had some issues with 1S, but that’s a different strapping system. I fixed that by ordering a couple custom straps. 

@wox33 Do you have any shorter straps you could try and go back down to the calf? It’s my guess the Bauer straps might be too long for anyone not using Reebok euro pro knee pads 

When I had them I had swapped everything out to Bauer’s short straps as I like things fairly tight. It was really weird as no matter what I tried that first skate I couldn’t stay on the block. But really they were very comfy straight across so after I found that worked that’s how I left them as the knee wing on them is very well designed to not interfere with rotation. 

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I got lots of DMs about these photos on IG and figured any Bauer users with 1X strapping can share their thoughts...2E003040-5D3C-40FC-AF51-42722E6375C1.thumb.jpeg.816ff8acad174aca57accdd6dd19bfc4.jpeg

From my standpoint, if you are having an issue, it should be pretty order to contact @Beccaraptor and get a shorter strap made... 

Heres my IG post:

In green; appears Brossoit’s knee falls off the stack. Here’s my thoughts: 1. He either wears his elastic knee strap extremely loose or it’s longer than normal. We don’t typically see this much movement. This would also make sense considering he had a pad pop off earlier this year. 2. This a static photo of a dynamic event and it skews what happened a bit. Brossoit was scrambling on this play. When you scramble, your pads and body twist and shift into unusual positions 3. This also highlights what I feel is an underrated  function of knee pads. I don’t know about you, but I rarely, if ever, get hit in the knee. I mainly wear knee pads to protect my knees and give them extra cushion as they hit the knee stack. This also allows me to use a firmer knee stack which is better for seal.  Side benefit for awkward or scrambling plays; it also gives your knees extra protection if they get out of position with your pad. 

i remember @Hills said in his review of the 2s Pro and 1x pads that his knee would pop out of the stack all the time and had to strap across the knee

Archived