New Team, Old Gear

MTH

Marty

I'm surprised this hasn't shown up in this thread - Marty Brodeur's blue St. Hyacinthe Laser Heaton gloves that he used in his rookie year. One of my favourites... I play NHL on the 360 and always try to make his pads as close to this set-up as possible. tongue.gif

k3ap2a.jpg

2mnozcy.png

• Like 1

Think after he was traded to the blues in 2001

1297305268661_ORIGINAL.jpg

Stackem33 - This is a terrific, terrific picture. Any goalie could relate to this, and it shows a bit of Brath's personality (which was very pleasant and charming).

Old G - I played against him in a small beer league tournament. He was playing on defence with his goalie skates on. The game got chippy but not because of him. He was all smiles and just genuinly enjoyed playing for fun and beeing on the ice.

Edited by MTH

Al Montoya should get all white gear all the time the way he jumps teams. He signs for 2 more years with the Habs - so that means he'll be traded shortly..

Here's his Coyotes gear with the Isles in 2011

109461192_slide.jpg

Rangers gear with Yotes

2+Al+Montoya.jpg

Jets Gear with the Panthers:

092714-fsf-nhl-florida-panthers-al-monto

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I'm surprised this hasn't shown up in this thread - Marty Brodeur's blue St. Hyacinthe Laser Heaton gloves that he used in his rookie year. One of my favourites... I play NHL on the 360 and always try to make his pads as close to this set-up as possible. tongue.gif

k3ap2a.jpg

I probably wrote this in the old thread, but I'll never forgive Brodeur for not getting a set of royal-blue gloves to wear when the Devils wore their throwback jerseys. In truth, they only wore them (as throwbacks) a few times during Brodeur's career, seldom enough to not warrant any new gear — he had a tribute mask painted to look like that ^ and got a special red Sherwood stick, but that was it.

Still, would have been fun in the sense that it would have baffled 99.9999% of Devils fans, and thrilled the 0.0001% of fans who remembered his blue St. Hyacinth set.

• Like 1

Do you push your head forward like a turtle too?

It reminds me of when dudes try to show off their physique by leaning forward to crunch their abs in a standing sit-up, which looks so ridiculous.  It's terrible posture and not flattering at all.

Edited by seagoal

Chad 'Suitcase' Johnson.

Gary "Suitcase" Smith played for 8 NHL/WHA teams:

This makes 8 for Johnson now too.

Johnson:

1. Ducks
  2. Blues
  3. Flames
  4. Sabres (2 times - before and after the Flames year)
  5. Islanders
  6. Bruins
  7. Coyotes (2 times - second time was during the summer after the Flames right before free agency. He signed with the Sabres a few days later.)
  8. Rangers

Johnson was also drafted by the Penguins and traded to the Rangers after he graduated college. So you could say he was on 9 NHL clubs. Fun fact too about Johnson - he's an UFA after this season. 

During the 2006-2007 season Leighton was moved around.

Was on the Ducks:

247261426_7fb06d06a9.jpg?v=0

After Pre-Season, sent to minors:

220px-Michael_Leighton_pirates2006.jpg

Called up - had to pass waivers. Didn't - Preds grabbed him Played one period.

leighton.jpg

Waivers after that game, Flyers grabbed him and sent him to minors:

s-l300.jpg

Then was called up to the Flyers:

goaltender-michael-leighton-of-the-phila

Same gear - numerous teams.

He did stick around with the Flyers for a run in the spring of 2007. Actually got new gear:

55MLeighton.jpg

Flyers then placed him on waivers and he was claimed by the Canadiens (didn't play):

Great looking gear too.

Edited by MTH

• 2 weeks later...