Thoughts on CCM glove blocker and pads?

Ollie

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

Hello,

I was just wonderring what everyone thinks of the ccm p2 and ccm ef3 lines (weight, slide-ability, curve, what style is suited for the pads).

P2 is stiffer, hotter rebounds, and lighter. My fav strapping system on the market 

EF3 is softer and more flexible 

3 different glove breaks to chose to from

here’s more info:

24 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

I have CCM Premier 1's. I love them! Very consistent and still fairly stiff after 1 year. These will last me a long while! :) 

Good point, one of CCMs biggest selling points 

consistency set to set and over the life of the gear 

I've got an eFlex3 glove and blocker.

Really like both. Glove is a 600 break, but still has a bit more of a traditional fee, at least to my hand. Have a pro palm, and it took a while to break in well. Every e3 I've put on in store has been really stiff, so be prepared to give it some good work to fully break in.

Only thing I don't like is I do get some good stingers. I think this might be due to lacing in the palm since its going directly from the palm face into the glove amd touching my hand. I think if a puck hits the lacing, it can still transmit a lot of force through the glove, regardless of protection. Sometimes i take a clapper off the palm and feel nothing. Other times, I'm black and blue after the game.

Surprising since it's a pro palm. I suspect that maybe there is some varience in quality on the production line? I can't imagine any pro's would be playing with this glove if this was a universal flaw.

Archived