loss felt like a win

Netnewbie

Anybody ever chalked up a loss but felt like a win?  had that happen last night to me.  had my best game to date, and held the score to within one until the last 15 min of the second period.  felt like i actually made a difference in the game.  keep in mind this is only the second year in net playing rec but the team we played is notorious for running the score up cuz they are try hards.  i felt like it almost clicked last night and by that i mean mainly positioning.  tight to the post so no short side garbage goals, couple kick saves in the butterfly, and my first stop on a one timer across the crease.  any ways i just wanted to share the joy because i am a creeper on the site but rare poster.  learning lots btw!!  

Thanks all!!!

Oh for sure.

Just a couple of weeks ago we lost 1-0 to the first place team who usually score something like 5-6+ goals per game. I played out of my mind and after the game I felt fantastic, no matter what the final score indicated or that we lost. 

Don't get me wrong, I wish we could have tied that game or won it, but as a goalie you can't influence that, so I'll chalk this one up as a win in my books.

Archived