Patrick Roy's Wink Video Thread

Patrick Roy's Wink

Hey fellow goalies, I thought I start my own video thread. I'm just getting back into hockey after a two year break due to a knee injury. I decided to record and post my games on youtube. If you're really bored and looking for something goalie related to watch, feel free to watch my videos. I'm trying to post as often as I can. Constructive feedback is appreciated!

12 hours ago, Imperative said:

Good to see you back on the ice after a long lay off. How is the knee feeling being back on the ice? You looked good being back in the net! Great save at 3:15 on that re direct. 

Thanks man. Knee has been feeling good. No issues until very recently. I have some minor swelling. Its probably because I played 5 + hours in 3 days. I plan on taking it easy for the next few days. Thanks for watching. I appreciate it.

Here's a video from my work league. Its pretty much shinny with a ref. Its not my best game. Like always, I'm looking for feedback on how I can improve my game. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

Here's my first game from my summer season. Im still getting use to my G4s. This is my first game using Pro Laces Armor Hybrid. In the a few instances the pad didn't rotate for me so Im still tinkering with the strapping setup. Any views, comments and advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for watching!

I felt like I could have prevented all 3 goals. On the first one, I should have slid over in a reactive butterfly instead of a blocking butterfly. On the second one,  I should have been on the white ice and on the last one, I should have covered my post better. My mind was caught between going into a butterfly, RVH or VH.

7 hours ago, Patrick Roy's Wink said:

Here's my first game from my summer season. Im still getting use to my G4s. This is my first game using Pro Laces Armor Hybrid. In the a few instances the pad didn't rotate for me so Im still tinkering with the strapping setup. Any views, comments and advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for watching!

I felt like I could have prevented all 3 goals. On the first one, I should have slid over in a reactive butterfly instead of a blocking butterfly. On the second one,  I should have been on the white ice and on the last one, I should have covered my post better. My mind was caught between going into a butterfly, RVH or VH.

While I own goalie equipment - which I sometimes wear while hanging out near a net -  I have no qualifications to give my commentary any weight.

BUT, I think you're being pretty hard on yourself. I could maybe understand you wanting the 3rd one back (still not sure how he fit that one in somewhere), but the other 2 were really tough, and I'm not sure you did anything wrong on them. I mean, the 2nd one went off the post and in - like, shit dude; nice shot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, Patrick Roy's Wink said:

Game 3 of my summer season. 

some great saves. I think on two of those you were plenty square to the shooter from what I could tell, but your b-fly flare was a little narrow in both cases (right leg). Some extra stretching work could widen that up a bit and you wouldn't even need to kick out to save those. Dropping down might have been enough. nice game though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived