Rare Setups

TheGoalNet

Posting Michael Hutchison made me think of his short stint in Brian’s...

This thread is to post pics of goalies who tested out some gear from a different companies and didn’t stick with it...

PS - Would kill for pics of Fleury in the OG Sport Gold Bauer Vapor gear...

Price in Warrior would be another epic one... 

067DD96A-E0B7-425D-9D32-64A272194E6F.jpeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Jimmy Howard trying bauer a few seasons ago and Hiller with Reebok gloves

42745586-6A05-4E0F-82CF-8F308C8BE0CB.jpeg

0E98EFC0-8D7E-4FD1-ACB1-28298DFF792F.jpeg

Not to be pedantic, but Hiller in Reebok gloves isn't rare — he wore Reebok P2 gloves and then Reebok P3 gloves for several seasons. 

Hiller had those Koho 580-skinned pads when he first came into the league league. It wasn't until he'd earned a starting job and gotten some attention that he started getting the new Koho sets. I never really knew the story behind the GoalieMonkey Kohos, or why the brand seemed to be revived just for Hiller. Either way, I was glad to see them back.

I was once told (don’t know how true it is or was so please don’t kill me). That a higher up at Goalie Monkey was/is a Huge fan(like myself)  of Koho gear and was Hell Bent on bringing it back.  Was able to do so as GM called their “House Brand”. 

4 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Not to be pedantic, but Hiller in Reebok gloves isn't rare — he wore Reebok P2 gloves and then Reebok P3 gloves for several seasons. 

Hiller had those Koho 580-skinned pads when he first came into the league league. It wasn't until he'd earned a starting job and gotten some attention that he started getting the new Koho sets. I never really knew the story behind the GoalieMonkey Kohos, or why the brand seemed to be revived just for Hiller. Either way, I was glad to see them back.

Yeah, the Reebok’s weren’t really rare. just kinda rare for him I guess because every other season he wore all koho lol

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Come on someone with Price in Warriors‼️

Did he actually wear them or was it a just "made for set" that never hit the ice ? I remember seeing the pro return Bauer stuff all th way back to the one95 gear but I don't recall Warrior gear.

Archived