Rare Setups

TheGoalNet

19 minutes ago, MTH said:

I know his Velocity sets were just stock graphics - but they were pretty simple and paired well with the Rangers uniforms. I couldn't find any action shots of him in the red based gear with a regular catch glove on. Would be an interesting home/away gear pairing though.

Did he look to jump on Team Canada?

5f319d80.jpg

Sled hockey maybe? Or is that vintage too early for international sled hockey?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, I vaguely remember seeing Timmy in person with the Stars.

Image result for tim thomas nhl

Oh, and those factory mad pads. I've always loved the outline design rather than filled.

image.jpeg.56a439822d6460625ae56e8d12e27869.jpeg

Was there anything this guy didn't wear?

Not a single brand name anywhere \/

Sorry everyone, I don't know most of these brands.

Ooooo a Graf stick!

Can we have a thread dedicated to Timmy and all his gear?

Does this count as rare because he's in normal gear? 

tim-thomas.jpg

Enjoy

image.jpeg

Here's an odd one - it's Gordie, so it's fine it's not a goalie:

c.gordie-howe-triolo.dan.baliotti.jpg

What I like - the shoulder pads with the crossed out "22". Here's the greatest hockey player of all time, returns to the game, and has to use someone's old shoulder pads.

The wrist taping is cool too.

But Jesus H, your team has the greatest hockey player ever suiting up for you... spend the $25 for a new set of shoulder pads for the man!

3 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Saw this come up on Sidelineswap and immediately thought of this thread

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 10.27.42 AM.png

I asked Mike Howard about this when we were designing my Kenesky pads. He said that Curtis had really liked the liked the gear, but was concerned about his standing with the Leafs at the time, and didn't feel like he wanted to try something new in a game (who knows). That was also when I was told Kenesky was looking to make a big splash with chest pads under the new regulations, and I was (quietly) skeptical... I was wrong!

38 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I asked Mike Howard about this when we were designing my Kenesky pads. He said that Curtis had really liked the liked the gear, but was concerned about his standing with the Leafs at the time, and didn't feel like he wanted to try something new in a game (who knows). That was also when I was told Kenesky was looking to make a big splash with chest pads under the new regulations, and I was (quietly) skeptical... I was wrong!

thats sick!

Archived