Vaughn PVE 2

Max27

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's if they even come out.

Since the SLR2's are just about to come out this spring, I wouldn't expect them this year (if ever)

i remember i saw TGN say somewhere there was a possibility of the pve 2 w quicks graphic he has this year w the slr2 strapping and the core was how the pve is an xf core, these would be a v8 core

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's if they even come out.

Since the SLR2's are just about to come out this spring, I wouldn't expect them this year (if ever)

PVE is actually a special SKU limited to their top retailers. That's why not everyone sells them. At the start of the season I was told Quick's graphic is PVE 2 and it's exclusive to GM.

2 hours ago, Matt35 said:

You could probably custom order them. It’s all standard specs just from different pads. 

yeah but like TGN said the pve isnt even on their website

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Maybe Vaughn has some particular rules about customizing. If you notice on their website, the PVE doesn’t exist as a product. 

their customizers are a joke on top of that. you essentially get a stock pad and i've heard the stuff takes an eternity to ship 

11 hours ago, Max27 said:

yeah but like TGN said the pve isnt even on their website

their customizers are a joke on top of that. you essentially get a stock pad and i've heard the stuff takes an eternity to ship 

True enough. But I bought my PVE’s off the shelf at a LHS and they had some custom options on them. Maybe it depends on where you’re ordering from. At a minimum they should be able to build the pad and put either the VE8 or SLR2 graphics on them. 

Vaughn just uses his graphic to push new pads. He's been rocking some variation of the V4 stuff if I recall (I'm sure there are much better Quick historians on here than myself). But those sidewall graphics on the blockers are straight off a V4 and I believe that's what his glove is as well. His pads look to have the old V2 strapping and then who knows what else but I think the V4 is the base he still works off of.

26 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Vaughn just uses his graphic to push new pads. He's been rocking some variation of the V4 stuff if I recall (I'm sure there are much better Quick historians on here than myself). But those sidewall graphics on the blockers are straight off a V4 and I believe that's what his glove is as well. His pads look to have the old V2 strapping and then who knows what else but I think the V4 is the base he still works off of. 

V4 Core with a V2 leg channel. Gloves are based off of the V4 model as well.

He essentially hasn't changed his gear since his 2012 cup run.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Maybe Vaughn has some particular rules about customizing. If you notice on their website, the PVE doesn’t exist as a product. 

My understanding is the PVE's, which were technically part of the V7 line were done the 1st of the year.  I've heard rumors of a PVE2, but I don't see the point, the PVE's were basically a Velocity version of the SLR, which was just used to bridge the gap from the V7 to the VE8.  The PVE's still had the Vaughn boot break down issues of the past which was supposedly corrected on the VE8, otherwise, they are very similar pads.  

Archived