what Bauer skates to buy

olson1

So I'm looking to buy new skates and I'm looking for some sort of Bauer, would it be a better idea to get the s27, 1s they are around the same price right now on goalie monkey right now. Or should I just get vapor x700 or x900. Thanks 

2 hours ago, olson1 said:

So I'm looking to buy new skates and I'm looking for some sort of Bauer, would it be a better idea to get the s27, 1s they are around the same price right now on goalie monkey right now. Or should I just get vapor x700 or x900. Thanks 

If you live close to a shop, I would definitely recommend going to visit them and get properly fit for skates. They’ll tell you if you’re better in a Vapor or Supreme boot. 

After you get that sorted out, I would get either the 1S or wait until the 1X goes on sale. 

If you really can’t get to a store, I’d recommend a Vapor boot. That’s because it’s a more generous fit and will fit more feet. 

• 3 weeks later...

@TheGoalNet, do you have any more information on the Vapor 2X skate?  Is the boot and flex collar the same?  I read the steel might be a bit taller?  Do you know the release date?

I tried on the 1X and it fits me perfectly and will wait for them to go on sale.  If I miss out on scooping up my size (one left in stock locally), I'll buy the 2X, as long as they're not drastically different in how they fit.

Archived