Sideline Swap Selling

Max27

Just a question, im going to be selling my CCM E1.9 Shield pants. Nothing is wrong with them, I got new Bauer pants and dont need them.
Wondering how much i should sell them for. I bought them new for 150 and have used them regularly since the end of August. Thinking 90-100? Anyone have any help? I sold my old skates for 80 and got them for 150 new, but used them longer. Ive only sold 1 thing on Sidelineswap and havent bought anything so im not good w this stuff 

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

List for 100 and accept offers.

thats what im gonna do. thanks.

10 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

this^ and try to give info on how long you’ve used them and pictures of any wear on them. I’ve personally never sold anything (yet) so it might sound ironic for me to say this but I’ve seen it done a lot on sideline swap

im doing that thanks

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Anyone one here from Canada selling on SidelineSwap? How did you set up the US account for money transfers? I tried this in the past and it was shit complicated. I ended up working a direct e-transfer from the site owner.

I sold once and haven't been able to transfer my funds from RBC.  I've talked to both my local branch and the 1-800 customer service with no real avail.  I've even tried to follow their directions on the website

17 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I sold once and haven't been able to transfer my funds from RBC.  I've talked to both my local branch and the 1-800 customer service with no real avail.  I've even tried to follow their directions on the website

I'm with RBC as well and it was messed up. I had to call in and demand that the US branch account be closed to avoid further admin charges. They nicely complied. Hence why I strongly hesitate to sell there again.

16 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I'm with RBC as well and it was messed up. I had to call in and demand that the US branch account be closed to avoid further admin charges. They nicely complied. Hence why I strongly hesitate to sell there again.

It would make more sense to allow sellers to use their balance to pay for purchases.   

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

Anyone one here from Canada selling on SidelineSwap? How did you set up the US account for money transfers? I tried this in the past and it was shit complicated. I ended up working a direct e-transfer from the site owner.

Both times I've sold there I had to contact support and they just did the conversion and deposited to my Canadian account. The first time was the same runaround others mentioned, my bank said nothing was wrong, sideline said the bank was refusing the deposit. The second time I preemptively reached out and they just did the conversion and deposit right away. 

I don't sell stuff often, but it's definitely a barrier to re-entry for me

I was thinking about trying to sell some things there but don't like the 15% they take from new members sales. It's not much but still sort of bothers me. 

It's old and older stuff that would be a waste of time trying to sell anyway. Would be fine donating if I can find a good place or see what a PIAS would give me. 

8 hours ago, Scythe said:

I was thinking about trying to sell some things there but don't like the 15% they take from new members sales. It's not much but still sort of bothers me. 

It's old and older stuff that would be a waste of time trying to sell anyway. Would be fine donating if I can find a good place or see what a PIAS would give me. 

its not just new members, its for everyone. ive been on sideline swap since 2017 and they still take 15%. gotta make money somehow eh?

17 minutes ago, Max27 said:

its not just new members, its for everyone. ive been on sideline swap since 2017 and they still take 15%. gotta make money somehow eh?

It goes down to 12% total (9% seller fee and 3% payment processing) after 5 sales. 

I've been tempted to try selling some older stuff on there but didn't realize there was a currency issue for Canadian sellers. 

8 hours ago, Nova said:

It goes down to 12% total (9% seller fee and 3% payment processing) after 5 sales. 

I've been tempted to try selling some older stuff on there but didn't realize there was a currency issue for Canadian sellers. 

oh youre right my percents were off was going off my latest sale 

On 1/17/2020 at 6:51 AM, RichMan said:

I’m with RBC and they were useless on helping me figure it out the first time I called but I called back and got a good agent that helped me set up a free USD savings account. You need a separate savings account in USD to receive your money, once I set that up it was easy to move the money from sideline to my USD account. Just call and any agent can set one up, then you just enter the account number on the sideline swap site and the money will move within 24-48 hours. 

On 1/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, Mroy31 said:

Both times I've sold there I had to contact support and they just did the conversion and deposited to my Canadian account. The first time was the same runaround others mentioned, my bank said nothing was wrong, sideline said the bank was refusing the deposit. The second time I preemptively reached out and they just did the conversion and deposit right away. 

I don't sell stuff often, but it's definitely a barrier to re-entry for me

What method did you use to contact Sideline support?

34 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

What method did you use to contact Sideline support?

Email or live chat I think, both times it went to one of the founders.

I will say that for Canadian sellers, if you can leverage the USD prices, you can somewhat offset the cut that SS takes.  Both things I sold in USD for pretty close to what I would have accepted in CAD, so it pretty well broke even.  But the 2 things I sold were a 1S set of pads and gloves, and an SLR c/a that was still fairly new, so they were decent sized sales.  Not like a really old thing I was just trying to get rid of.

39 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Email or live chat I think, both times it went to one of the founders.

I will say that for Canadian sellers, if you can leverage the USD prices, you can somewhat offset the cut that SS takes.  Both things I sold in USD for pretty close to what I would have accepted in CAD, so it pretty well broke even.  But the 2 things I sold were a 1S set of pads and gloves, and an SLR c/a that was still fairly new, so they were decent sized sales.  Not like a really old thing I was just trying to get rid of.

Thanks, I sent them an email this morning.  Hopefully it works out 

Archived