Help with new CA for my son!

Big2

Guys - for the owners of the CCM Premier any issues regarding the quality of the product. In the forum chest protectors ( I forgot the details ) some guy bought a used CCM Premier Pro that was falling apart and was asking about how to repair it?

comments on quality would be appreciated!

On 1/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, Big2 said:

TGN the Premier TGC Pro spec looks like the front runner got some details from them earlier today will review with my son and possibly decide tomorrow 

I used a beefed up TGC spec Bauer from them several years back, that thing was a tank. I'm sure the Premier is well done

So I just left a large local HS in Montreal and we tried the following:

CCM Premier pro

size - HUGE

mobility - good

protection - good

CCM E Shield pro

size BIG

mobility - very good

protection - good

Warrior G4 Pro

size - big

mobity - very good

protection - very good

Vaughn Velocity v8

size - small

mobility - very good/awesome

protection - meh probably good at best ( I know I can get a beefed up version )

Brians Optik

Size - smallish

mobility - very good

protection - very good ( the quality of the material is WAY out there!!]

Brians SZ 3

Size - big similar to the G4 but smaller than the premier 

mobiloty - very good

protection - very good ( the quality of the materials is WAY out there ! ]

Bauer 2S

Did not like it at all - the shoulder area is poorly protected did not pay attention to it 

Vaughn Ventus

none available in the Montreal region a disappointment as it’s probably a better option vs the Premier - HUGE AND MOBILE I am told I can order and try at home but I think the TGC Beefed up Premier will be ordered tomorrow,

So "sexy" has arrived - will be tried on the ice tomorrow will provide comments as soon as my son gets back to me!

Initial comments vs the STOCK unit - the sections that are beefed are the foam blocks and the shoulder floaters whic are alot harder than the stock unit, similar to the Brian's!

Premier CA TGC Spec.jpg

32 minutes ago, Big2 said:

So "sexy" has arrived - will be tried on the ice tomorrow will provide comments as soon as my son gets back to me!

Initial comments vs the STOCK unit - the sections that are beefed up the foam is a lot harder than the stock unit, similar to the Brian's!

Premier CA TGC Spec.jpg

Specifically, what units are beefed up?

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Specifically, what units are beefed up?

TGN all the rectangular units on the front and the shoulder wings - sorry for the lack of proper use of nomenclature.

FYI I drove to my sons school to allow him to practice with it this afternoon ( just got back) and it fit him extremely well/ he had no issues with his sight lines over his shoulders. All I can say is that he gave me his SZ to take home, I will provide a more detailed summary next week.

Archived