Passau chest protector size

mik

I have Passau chest protector from my friend, which I would like to buy (realy great chest). I tried it yesterday on ice and it feels short to me. Just made some photos to sahre and as for your opinions if the chest is small (short) or size is ok. Thanks. 

btw. My own chest protector is Bauer NXG and it is realy bigger. 

DSC_0774.JPG

DSC_0773.JPG

5 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

you really need to try it on with your pants to see how much overlap it is.  plus, less creepy with pants on over your cup.  ;)

14 minutes ago, mik said:

I have Passau chest protector from my friend, which I would like to buy (realy great chest). I tried it yesterday on ice and it feels short to me. Just made some photos to sahre and as for your opinions if the chest is small (short) or size is ok. Thanks. 

btw. My own chest protector is Bauer NXG and it is realy bigger. 

DSC_0774.JPG

DSC_0773.JPG

Arms might be a little short. chest seems fine if not a little big. If your fine with shorter arms and more mobility with glove and blocker than go for it

Two things. First, get your pants on and get into your crouch. Is there overlap? Then you're fine.

Second, notice the eyelets at the bottom? You can get an extension that laces in and gives you about another 2" or so. 

If the price is good, I would buy it. Amazing chesty! 

56 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Two things. First, get your pants on and get into your crouch. Is there overlap? Then you're fine.

Second, notice the eyelets at the bottom? You can get an extension that laces in and gives you about another 2" or so. 

@mik  Belly extenders are super inexpensive and they'd likely have black in stock. I included some with my original order and never took them off. 

http://www.passauhockey.com/en/online-store/belly-extension-887

Are the arms already extended to their maximum? should be a set of eyelets under the floaters you can snap a picture of.

12 hours ago, jeff da goalie said:

you really need to try it on with your pants to see how much overlap it is.  plus, less creepy with pants on over your cup.  ;)

I tried, but my pants are black, so it was not good to see where the CA ends and the pants begin ;) .

12 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

Arms might be a little short. chest seems fine if not a little big. If your fine with shorter arms and more mobility with glove and blocker than go for it

Thanks, all straps were set loose to find maximum size of this CA.  

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Thanks, will try that again today when I came back from work. I normaly don´t tuck my chest and have big overlap. This CA is just noticeably shorter than my Bauer NXG, because it was worn tucked and tied together with pants .

Eyelets are here, but sadly my friend dosen´t have that extension..

I want Passau chest for a long time, but it is pain to order anything form US/CAN - I´m in Europe :(. This looks like good solution to buy and try used Passau CA before investing time and money in ordering my own one (?). btw. price is about 250-260 in USD.

11 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@mik  Belly extenders are super inexpensive and they'd likely have black in stock. I included some with my original order and never took them off. 

http://www.passauhockey.com/en/online-store/belly-extension-887

Are the arms already extended to their maximum? should be a set of eyelets under the floaters you can snap a picture of.

Thanks, that belly extension can sove it.

Yes, there is another set of eyelets under floaters, but my elbows were exactly in the elbow cups. It is the overal lenght of arms that scares me a little - padding ends on the red line and there was gap between end of CA and glove. But will relace it and try again.   

DSC_0774.JPG

The elbow cups are moveable. I’d lengthen the arms and adjust the elbow cups. The belly pad extension doesn’t come with it so I’m not surprised your friend doesn’t have it. 

I don’t tuck my chesty either, so when I crouch the chesty almost touches my thighs but is pretty short when standing.

15 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The elbow cups are moveable. I’d lengthen the arms and adjust the elbow cups. The belly pad extension doesn’t come with it so I’m not surprised your friend doesn’t have it. 

I don’t tuck my chesty either, so when I crouch the chesty almost touches my thighs but is pretty short when standing.

IPvFreely, good idea - I relaced arms and elbow cups and it is better (not ideal, but realy better) now.

I made some other photos (with pants on and without lime crocs this time :D ):

- CA is too small to wear untucked.

- It is also not compatibile with shape of any of my bauer pants.

- It is better with Brians Pants, but I think there is still lot of free space. If I go to crouch, then there is minimal overlap, it is just CA touching end of the pants, but sides starts to go up and outside of pants.  

Looks like chest is to small for me. When I was relacing arms, I found that sizing is M chest/M arms. If I made measuring that is on passau site, I sould be in L arms and  L / XL chest (I´m somtehing like 5,9-6 " and 190 lbs). 

I think that it would probably be better to design and order my own custom passau CA..

Thanks everone for their comments, especialy IPvFreely!

DSC_0780.JPG

DSC_0776.JPG

DSC_0779.JPG

DSC_0782.JPG

46 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Sorry... but all I could think of when i saw those pics...

Image result for fat guy in a little coat gif

It's the right decision. Belly extenders shouldn't be used to cover that much of a gap. I'm 5'10" and have a L body w/ M arms. 

Exactly :-)).  

My wife says, that this CA will not grow bigger if I try it before mirror and make photos again and again.. 

1 hour ago, mik said:

My wife says, that this CA will not grow bigger if I try it before mirror and make photos again and again.. 

See, all you had to do was ask your wife lol

I have a Passau Gen 2 CA as well and went L body / M arms. Smart move to wait and buy something closer to your stock sizes from the website or used.

Yeah that's way too much of a gap for sure. You seem to wear your pants pretty low, too. The first pictures looked just fine but these new pictures it's CLEARLY the wrong size for you. 

For comparison, here's my old Bauer side by side with my new Passau. This is before adding the belly extension on the Passau. This is also after me having to do some messing with the straps on the elbow floaters to get the cuffs where I like them. When I measured I ended up L body and M arms but I was told by the rep "trust me, you're a L/L" and ended up having to mess with the arms to shorten them beyond what the shoulder lacing could accommodate. At least I know for next time, and there WILL be a next time because this chesty is amazing. Everything I've put on in a store is an immediate "NOPE".

In this photo I like where the Bauer cuffs are (I had to use a speedy stitcher on the shoulders to shorten the arms) but the body is definitely too short (though again with the height of my pants it was never an issue - it actually came with a 2" extension velcroed in that I removed!)

IMG_0304.thumb.jpg.fe681c78ce60c45bfb552059a6ba2cf9.jpg

Admittedly both the Bauer and Passau are short by most peoples standards, but I also wear my pants way higher up. I'll need to snap a pic when I get a chance to show the overlap.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, jayluv54 said:

They are pretty short in the belly if you ask me.  I've had 2, both Larges with Medium arms.  I am only 5'9 and don't have a freakishly long torso or anything and I needed the belly extender.

No offense intended, but are you, um, portly?  Because I had an XL body/L arms that I got rid of recently when I dropped 30 lbs.  I am 5'11" and am now about 205.  The XL was way too big.    

20 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

No offense intended, but are you, um, portly?  Because I had an XL body/L arms that I got rid of recently when I dropped 30 lbs.  I am 5'11" and am now about 205.  The XL was way too big.    

I'm 5'9 and a pretty solid 210, probably could lose a good 20lbs still, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.  The Lrg Passau was shorter than my Lrg 1X by about 2 inches measuring from the top of the collar to the bottom of the torso.  It was also shorter than my Medium V5 by about 1 inch.  Passau's being a little short in the belly seems to be a pretty common issue and I never realized that until I tried to sell one and every body who responded asked me to measure it.    

On 1/16/2019 at 12:41 PM, jayluv54 said:

Passau's being a little short in the belly seems to be a pretty common issue and I never realized that until I tried to sell one and every body who responded asked me to measure it.    

I don't suppose you recall the measurements? I'm thinking of getting a new C/A in the next year or so and have been leaning towards large belly with medium arms. My CCM CL Pro is pretty much shot (elastic strapping is all crap) and I'm tired of my shoulder protection getting stuck under my arms on sprawling saves. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 6:31 AM, RichMan said:

Nope. Those last pics show a significant gap. A puck off the hip/pelvic bone stings, trust me. Get the extensions or get measured to be sure. Get in touch with Hugo.

Agreed there's a significant gap that needs to be addressed.  I'm actually the correct point of contact, not Hugo - Tim.MccCarthy@Passauhockey.com

On 1/16/2019 at 12:41 PM, jayluv54 said:

I'm 5'9 and a pretty solid 210, probably could lose a good 20lbs still, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.  The Lrg Passau was shorter than my Lrg 1X by about 2 inches measuring from the top of the collar to the bottom of the torso.  It was also shorter than my Medium V5 by about 1 inch.  Passau's being a little short in the belly seems to be a pretty common issue and I never realized that until I tried to sell one and every body who responded asked me to measure it.    

I wouldn't agree that our bellies run short. Our units can be worn higher on the neck than most, which causes the entire length to sit taller. But with the exception of CCM (which runs long) I wear the same size Passau in every other brand.

Archived