Sign in to follow this  
seagoal

SLR style forearm pads

I was inspired by a recent post on @TheGoalNet Instagram about SLR forearm pads and I'm thinking I want to add some to my V7 pro C&A.

It seems like this should be a fairly easy mod with a combo of lacing and using the preexisting elastic strap on the forearm of the unit.

I have some old thigh boards I've never used for slicing up. I'm thinking I could easily modify the smaller egg shaped pads to fit on the forearm. 

Does anyone use the SLR unit with this pad that they could measure for me?

Any advice on how to do this mod?

20190108_083229.jpg

20190108_083151.jpg

20190108_082832.jpg

20190108_082849.jpg

20190108_082855.jpg

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am sure @Beccaraptor - PAW - Could make you something similar.

True, but that costs money.  I wanna do this DIY on the cheap.  These thigh boards are ripe for the pickin'/slicin'/sewin'.

Its soft foam with a flimsy plastic insert to keep its shape. I'll take measurements when I get home.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, itis121 said:

Its soft foam with a flimsy plastic insert to keep its shape. I'll take measurements when I get home.

Thanks!

Dims are in inches. its a rough estimate on the size due to the rounded edges and corners. I for got some dims, but I think you got the idea. Sorry.

vaughn.thumb.JPG.18c24d53c55a98c4642ea4dcc5e0ec50.JPG

Edited by itis121
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dude, thank you.  You win today. 

Very helpful and generous. 

4 minutes ago, itis121 said:

Dims are in inches. its a rough estimate on the size due to the rounded edges and corners. I for got some dims, but I think you got the idea. Sorry.

vaughn.thumb.JPG.18c24d53c55a98c4642ea4dcc5e0ec50.JPG

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Dude, thank you.  You win today. 

Very helpful and generous. 

NP! This community helped me out with mods before too. BTW, I gave a geometric shape for it to be an additional piece (I measured the foam insert) , the actual guard is sewn into the arm. I'll add a picture of what I meant soon.

1 minute ago, itis121 said:

NP! This community helped me out with mods before too. BTW, I gave a geometric shape for it to be an additional piece (I measured the foam insert) , the actual guard is sewn into the arm. I'll add a picture of what I meant soon.

Is this pad on like a slider on the forearm elastic strap, making it removable on the SLR unit? <---- I'm thinking this is going to be one of my attachment mechanisms.

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Is this pad on like a slider on the forearm elastic strap, making it removable on the SLR unit? <---- I'm thinking this is going to be one of my attachment mechanisms.

No one side is sewn in and the other is on an elastic

20190109_192350.thumb.jpg.651c53f493429c7cdf8f285227195d67.jpg

Edited by itis121

I did this exact same mod a couple of years ago with my Passau. I was getting absolutely killed in that area due to my glove positioning. I used an old part from a McKenney CA that was rectangular shaped and was a mix of HD and LD foam. Laced in two ends to the two closest eyelets where the elbow cup attaches to. Then I had the elastic go over the other end to help keep it in place. Worked like a charm.

If you're doing it that way, you could sew a small tab that would keep the arm elastic in place

On 1/10/2019 at 2:32 AM, IPv6Freely said:

I wonder if I could get a pad put there on my next Passau chesty

You probably could (and I'm honestly surprised they haven't done something like that as an update). My guess of a price range would be ~$25

@GoalieTimmy33 Ever had any requests like this?

On 1/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, kedjlng3 said:

You probably could (and I'm honestly surprised they haven't done something like that as an update). My guess of a price range would be ~$25

@GoalieTimmy33 Ever had any requests like this?

Yes I have and we can do it!!

On 1/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Great to know!

@GoalieTimmy33 is that something I could order after the fact like I did with the belly pad?

Believe so - just shoot me an email with your arm sizing and pics of exactly you need.