What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

13 hours ago, Matt35 said:

Seems like there is a trend of Subies and goalies! I can jam all my gear in the back of my Crosstrek with the rear seats up. No amount of snow can stop the goalie from getting to the rink!

You just need a second car for snowy days.   I'm in central Ohio, so we don't have the legit hardcore snow that those of you to the north do.  For the occasional day the Mustang can't handle I break down and borrow my wife's new Cherokee Trailhawk.  And by break down I mean gleefully steal the keys and try to resist the urge to take it places it would love to go, but she would freak out about. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:08 AM, Puckstopper said:

You just need a second car for snowy days.   I'm in central Ohio, so we don't have the legit hardcore snow that those of you to the north do.  For the occasional day the Mustang can't handle I break down and borrow my wife's new Cherokee Trailhawk.  And by break down I mean gleefully steal the keys and try to resist the urge to take it places it would love to go, but she would freak out about. 

Like the mall and shopping?

It's a new Jeep Cherokee we're talking about.

Say what you will, but her Trailhawk is plenty capable for casual offroading on the dunes and offroading courses near my cottage in Michigan.  It's not like she was going to go for some hardcore offroader, and I refused to consider a 4 door Wrangler.  🤢

Edited by Puckstopper

46 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Say what you will, but her Trailhawk is plenty capable for casual offroading on the dunes and offroading courses near my cottage in Michigan.  It's not like she was going to go for some hardcore offroader, and I refused to consider a 4 door Wrangler.  🤢

Love my 4 door wrangler, 200k miles, never an issue, only reason i'm getting rid of it is because of the jeep Gladiator.

23 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Volvo V60 T6 Polestar. Or a BMW wagon of some kind. Or an Audi wagon. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Pretty sure Buick makes a wagon too if you'd prefer to support domestic MFGs.  

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Ew.

Image result for buick wagon

Jaaaaagggggg

Image result for jaguar xf wagon

Sure they're expensive but they look a million times better.

Haha, thanks for the suggestions! I have been looking at the Buick (which is just a re-badged Opel from EU from what I understand). Volvo's are also nice, but a bit out of my price range.

19 hours ago, old but slow said:

Love my 4 door wrangler, 200k miles, never an issue, only reason i'm getting rid of it is because of the jeep Gladiator.

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand why Jeep did it.  But after growing up in a suburb of Toledo and driving past the Jeep plant every time I drove to the rink I developed a love of the traditional 2 door Wrangler.   I know it's a silly thing to be a purist about, but it it what it is.   The Gladiator looks SICK!  Let me know how you like it.

19 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

@motowngoalie I forgot to put CTS-V wagon in my list. Get that. Please. Now. 

I didn't think Caddy was still churning those things out.  I had a buddy looking for one a couple years ago and used were almost the price of a new sedan.  

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yuck.

I think it's safe to say we're not going to agree on cars.  

Edited by Puckstopper

22 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I understand why Jeep did it.  But after growing up in a suburb of Toledo and driving past the Jeep plant every time I drove to the rink I developed a love of the traditional 2 door Wrangler.   I know it's a silly thing to be a purist about, but it it what it is.   The Gladiator looks SICK!  Let me know how you like it.  

unfortunately It won't be available until April. I'll post here once I actually get one.

Already stopped in Toledo and saw the Gladiators out front. Well, until we were chased off the hill.

I plan to trade in my JKU in the next two years for a Gladiator too. Should be a good hockey hauler for the family. Nice to air out my kids gear on the way home from the rink too.

Hell, with the roof off - I can air out my kids too.

jg1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Like 3
  • Haha 1