What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

Well I was going to say that my car isn't like any of these but it turns out @stackem30's is pretty similar. Mine's better though:

2008 Dodge Magnum R/T (charger wagon)

Image result for dodge magnum

That car is my dad's car because I can't drive yet.

Here's my actual first car once I can drive:

1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale

Image result for 1972 oldsmobile delta 88 royale

*this isn't a picture of my car, just the same model. Mine has no paint on it and needs a reupholstered interior*

I would also like you to picture this: Your in high school. In school full of Camrys and Altimas there's you, with your 7.0L V8 Convertible (boat), driving to school every day. In a couple of years, that will be me.

19 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm thoroughly surprised that I'm the only truck owner so far.

I'm from Texas and we don't have a truck. Controversy at it's finest.

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, estogoalie said:

The first 5 years I lived in Switzerland I didn't have a car and took the bus 2-3x per week to play hockey (not team bus, regular bus)

Back in October I got caught excessive speeding coming home from a late ice session.  Immediate roadside Impound... 7 days the car was impounded for, had to take this to 4 games.

BusVic.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm thoroughly surprised that I'm the only truck owner so far.

I also have one. I’d probably be better served with a suv but growing up in the middle of nowhere it seems like you had to have a pickup so it’s what I’m used to. 

C032113D-7391-4BB2-8B28-9AA269F32C9E.thumb.jpeg.e13ec7b53dc3305f1e2661c48deefb38.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Naz said:

Back in October I got caught excessive speeding coming home from a late ice session.  Immediate roadside Impound... 7 days the car was impounded for, had to take this to 4 games.

BusVic.jpg

I use to bus all the time, too, prior to having a car.

Crazy questions around Seattle , a city not so savvy with hockey equipment,  generally:

- is that equestrian gear?

-how many bodies you got in there?

-are you on a swat team?

-what's that weird crap?

-do you play for the Thunderbirds? (No, I'm not 17, thanks).

-are you an NHL player? (Yeah,  I play for the Sharks. We play the Canucks tonight.....it's gonna take a while, but I'll get there.)

220px-King_County_Metro_DE60LF_2648.jpg

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Plus you won't look like a suburban mom in that.

Very true, though it is probably one of the most posh pickups available these days. I still feel like a poser from time to time even though there's always stuff in the bed and I have a trailer that gets towed around from time to time.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My bad. I forgot to slather my post in unnecessary slang.

That truck is straight clean. Those edges are sharp and the colour of the bike is too fresh.

Betcha he celly'd hard when he got that.  So much tendy swag fit in it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, estogoalie said:

I've also got an X5, sometimes me and my son practice on the same team together, and it fits us both together with gear as well.

yeah i can fit me and my brothers gear 

i tend to take the second row down to put my gear just to make it a little bit looser fitting and have a little more room when its just me

I used to think my Mustang convertible was the worst vehicle to haul gear to the rink in (and it's still not good) until one of the guys I play with had his car break down, and he had to borrow  his dad's second car for the day.  I'll let the picture speak for itself...

IMG_20190110_130204_01.jpg

Oh, to make it better?  In true British sports car fashion the trunk won't open, and the luggage rack isn't secure enough to actually lash anything of value to.  

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Naz said:

Betcha he celly'd hard when he got that.  So much tendy swag fit in it.

I saw the other day that the NHL officially started releasing "Top 10 Cellys of the Week" video compilations — you know, to go along with goals, saves, and hits — and I aged 58 years on the spot.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Jealous of your cars? Nah (though it must be nice to be in a climate where you don't have to worry about road salt accelerate rust and corrosion)

Jealous of @SaveByRichter35's beer fridge? Hellz yeah.

True about the road salt but there's something special about playing hockey in the -20s and snow that feels like a white Christmas. Just wouldn't be the same. I play summer hockey and it never feels the same even though they are both indoors and both at the same rink. 

21 minutes ago, 1C5 said:

True about the road salt but there's something special about playing hockey in the -20s and snow that feels like a white Christmas. Just wouldn't be the same. I play summer hockey and it never feels the same even though they are both indoors and both at the same rink. 

Best part of summer hockey is the parking lot after the game. Drinking beer in the sun with shorts on is much more enjoyable than freezing my nuts off.

14 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I would like a separate area for us goalies with convertibles. Perhaps our own label rather than "advanced member".

You can go hang with the station wagoners.