Airslide with weave or primo

Jonathon v

I was wondering about this today as well. Well, not exactly. I was thinking about Cortech and Airslide. In theory your idea should create a better sliding pad than the Airslide's already are. I don't know what Warrior's plans are for the G5 line (I don't know if there will even be a G5 line). But I would like to see our ideas made into reality. It could be as simple as shipping a pair of G4s off to Factory Mad (or something of the sort) and asking them to put weave on the sliding surface.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, Max27 said:

I was wondering this too. 

Saw Vaughn take QuickSlide (Just primo) so maybe Warrior will/can do it too.

@Kirk3190 anything to share abt this topic?  

We have tested different materials at length at our R&D facility in Montreal and on ice.  To our findings, no material has proven to slide "better" or worse than another.  The most improvement we've found through testing slidability is rooted in product design and on-ice functionality.   To my knowledge, no one has proven a given material slides better than another.  It's been claimed a lot though. 

3 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

We have tested different materials at length at our R&D facility in Montreal and on ice.  To our findings, no material has proven to slide "better" or worse than another.  The most improvement we've found through testing slidability is rooted in product design and on-ice functionality.   To my knowledge, no one has proven a given material slides better than another.  It's been claimed a lot though. 

good point. love how open warriors testing ideas are made to the public. shows how much thought is put into your guys designs.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:08 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I was wondering about this today as well. Well, not exactly. I was thinking about Cortech and Airslide. In theory your idea should create a better sliding pad than the Airslide's already are. I don't know what Warrior's plans are for the G5 line (I don't know if there will even be a G5 line). But I would like to see our ideas made into reality. It could be as simple as shipping a pair of G4s off to Factory Mad (or something of the sort) and asking them to put weave on the sliding surface.

How manufactures work G5 is already done! and working on GT3s!

On 1/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Believe Speed Skin is a CCM material. Primo could be used as it’s universally available. 

Primo is universal but Mike Vaughn has shares in Brian's and now they can order more of those rolls in bulk and save in cost!

8 minutes ago, thebigm said:

How manufactures work G5 is already done! and working on GT3s!

Primo is universal but Mike Vaughn has shares in Brian's and now they can order more of those rolls in bulk and save in cost!

believe he's been the majority owner for about 10 years now hasn't he?

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Anyways. I, like many of you, would like to see weave as a material for Warrior pads. However, I want it purely for a better looking pad. Not for my sliding surface.

Looks great for accent pieces.i wanted red weave for the red accent pieces on my GT Pros

Archived