2S Vs. Premier Pro 2 Vs. CR1?

CosmoShake34

Hey all! Have a few questions just read some reviews on composite stciks and have narrowed it down to these three. Have a couple questions starting with: 

Quality: asking for people who have owned a couple of these sticks for long periods of time, any major breaking points, I'm one the ice roughly 5 times a week. So how many skates roughly is sticks lifespan?

Care tips: any special temps or techniques that are required to get the most out of your stick ( I have Aspen core sticks and find they do much better in slightly humid environments vs dryer. 

Bang for buck: price isn't a huge issue here but it is most definitely something that's being considered when looking at sticks!

Transition: lastly I'm using 25 inch CCM extreme flex 2 pro, I have a Fluery curve, and a steep paddle, so obviously CCM would be easier to match specs but if warrior or Bauer can match the specs or something very similar it's not a major issue. 

12 minutes ago, CosmoShake34 said:

Hey all! Have a few questions just read some reviews on composite stciks and have narrowed it down to these three. Have a couple questions starting with: 

Quality: asking for people who have owned a couple of these sticks for long periods of time, any major breaking points, I'm one the ice roughly 5 times a week. So how many skates roughly is sticks lifespan?

Care tips: any special temps or techniques that are required to get the most out of your stick ( I have Aspen core sticks and find they do much better in slightly humid environments vs dryer. 

Bang for buck: price isn't a huge issue here but it is most definitely something that's being considered when looking at sticks!

Transition: lastly I'm using 25 inch CCM extreme flex 2 pro, I have a Fluery curve, and a steep paddle, so obviously CCM would be easier to match specs but if warrior or Bauer can match the specs or something very similar it's not a major issue. 

Does budget matter to you? Those sticks are different prices 

For me, 2S is the lightest and maximum amount of performance available in sticks. It’s also $300.

if you only want to spend $200, I would personally take P2. It’s a light stick, I’ve had good durability with it, and it has a more foam core like feel. 

You didn’t mention it, but DON’T sleep on BPM150. Love mine and it’s $220. But contrast to most other sticks, it’s got a firmer feel. Pucks rocket off it and it’s got unreal rebounds 

lastly, new sticks coming in April/May... 2X Pro, V1 Pro+, and EF4 should all be interesting to see 

Are you looking at the 2S Pro with the ErgoSpine?  Most posts I’ve seen they perform well, just not made for durability.

As mentioned above the Warrior VR1, which by all accounts will be the stick that has the most potential, and even a Vaughn composite coming as well.

The True A6.0 HT is a bit of a dark horse as well.

But as @TheGoalNet said the P2 is likely your best option combining all the things you’re looking for.

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Are you looking at the 2S Pro with the ErgoSpine?  Most posts I’ve seen they perform well, just not made for durability.

As mentioned above the Warrior VR1, which by all accounts will be the stick that has the most potential, and even a Vaughn composite coming as well.

The True A6.0 HT is a bit of a dark horse as well.

But as @TheGoalNet said the P2 is likely your best option combining all the things you’re looking for.

Good call, maybe he meant 2S Reg. 

I trust in Bauer sticks. I think Bauer is step ahead of others, at least now . 2S (not pro) is as good as P2 and CR1. I work in hockey shop so I see which sticks hold up.

I tried CR1 once and I liked it but the grip is not that great. Blade of my P2 broke in third ice session, maybe bad luck but overall I didn´t like how the stick felt. It is not a bad stick but not in same level with Bauer or CR1. 

I use Bauer SPro and no durability issues. But if you use it five times per week and you practise, not just play beer league, you gonna need several sticks.

2 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

I trust in Bauer sticks. I think Bauer is step ahead of others, at least now . 2S (not pro) is as good as P2 and CR1. I work in hockey shop so I see which sticks hold up.

I tried CR1 once and I liked it but the grip is not that great. Blade of my P2 broke in third ice session, maybe bad luck but overall I didn´t like how the stick felt. It is not a bad stick but not in same level with Bauer or CR1. 

I use Bauer SPro and no durability issues. But if you use it five times per week and you practise, not just play beer league, you gonna need several sticks.

Pretty sure 2S reg & SPro are pretty much the same I believe 

and I agree, Bauer is the market leader for sticks. They’re driving the innovation and adaption. I do think that $200 price point is competitive though. 

Anyone using a full composite with a heel / wedge pattern? I know CCM and Warrior-Mrazek come in the heel pattern.

I have been using Bauer x:50's circa 2009 (bought a lot of them when i played club in college. A friend had Vapor XXXX and another X:60 and had some durability issues). I am down to my last two and I tried one of my student's 2s, s190, and 1x sticks and they are incredible. Love the weight. Makes mine feel like a cord of lumber. Anyway, my Bauers are p31 and they just dont work for me where I am at in my game and stickhandling ability. Want to go back to the heel pattern I had in my old Bauer foam cores from high school if I can. Thanks guys

Archived