Glove Comparison Database

TheGoalNet

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The baseball style closure (the 600 in the above photos) was something that took some getting used to. However, I think I can catch the puck better with it. 

Me 100% 

someday I should whip out my OG 580 and see how that feels now that I'm used to the baseball style 

was T5500 or a Heaton the first to have this type of closure? 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Me 100% 

someday I should whip out my OG 580 and see how that feels now that I'm used to the baseball style 

was T5500 or a Heaton the first to have this type of closure? 

I put on my S-Series glove the other day and shuddered. I can’t even imagine trying to catch a puck that way now!

I could write a book about the T4000/T6000 Legacy models catching breaks. As a baseball guy, those were my favorites.

I have used Brian's gloves in the past that are more flat thumb than the newer models.

This is so hard to make a definitive guide as breaks are different on the same models through the years too. The CCM/Koho models are the best guide with the 580/590. The old Brian's had that 45 degree break:

26b3473846418ea62bb287d505834221.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=15357&d=1230

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Doobiesnax - That double T is money. It blows my mind that certain things are "new" 15 years later. That looks exactly like the new one Factory Designed as a mod. 

you have a pic of the factory glove? I'd love to have someone build me this glove with a couple modern features..  mostly just cosmetically to the back of the glove and the wrist strapping.

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, Doobiesnax said:

you have a pic of the factory glove? I'd love to have someone build me this glove with a couple modern features..  mostly just cosmetically to the back of the glove and the wrist strapping.

This is my Factory glove:

60693636-184E-4660-BC8F-0C45A880A076.jpeg

3A0776F2-D8C1-4EF3-A522-6BDD31BD555D.jpeg

BEECEC08-ABD3-4457-B0AA-F3FCDD019287.jpeg

There are many modern features, including removable pad for extra protection in the palm and replaceable wrist protection. It closes like a 5500. Sure- no Boa system, but I will say that there is a fair amount of innovation in this glove. 

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Brians_Joz does the GNetik 5.0 break like SZ or GN? 

The Gnetik should break like a Gnetik! ;) Personally, I like the SZ break, don't like the Gnetik break at all. SZ is something like 40° fingers/thumb, and Gnetik is more like a 90° (580) or something like that. Before my SZ gloves, I had TPS R12, and in my opinion it's kind of similar. My son has Bauer One90 gloves, and they feel similar to me as well (altho he doesn't think so). Glove breaks are so hard to classify...

I tried on my old T6000 the other week before I sold it, and my God, I have no clue how I caught anything with that. The words "Pancake Trapper" popped right into my head. No depth in the pocket at all.

On 01/01/2018 at 6:25 AM, bunnyman666 said:

This is my Factory glove:

60693636-184E-4660-BC8F-0C45A880A076.jpeg

3A0776F2-D8C1-4EF3-A522-6BDD31BD555D.jpeg

BEECEC08-ABD3-4457-B0AA-F3FCDD019287.jpeg

There are many modern features, including removable pad for extra protection in the palm and replaceable wrist protection. It closes like a 5500. Sure- no Boa system, but I will say that there is a fair amount of innovation in this glove. 

Very nice!!  looks pretty minty!  

On 1/1/2018 at 9:00 AM, estogoalie said:

The Gnetik should break like a Gnetik! ;) Personally, I like the SZ break, don't like the Gnetik break at all. SZ is something like 40° fingers/thumb, and Gnetik is more like a 90° (580) or something like that. Before my SZ gloves, I had TPS R12, and in my opinion it's kind of similar. My son has Bauer One90 gloves, and they feel similar to me as well (altho he doesn't think so). Glove breaks are so hard to classify...

I tried on my old T6000 the other week before I sold it, and my God, I have no clue how I caught anything with that. The words "Pancake Trapper" popped right into my head. No depth in the pocket at all.

It should, but in my head I think the SR line had a single break. I will dive into this via Google if we don't hear from @Brians_Joz soon 

• 3 months later...