Aircanuck gets a mask.

No Armadilla, No Hockey; so the stars aligned, 3 wise men pointed me to a manger and @Don Straus did his magic. 

Just want to get some pictures out there. This was a very special project and it was truly an honour to work with Don. Thanks to @TheGoalNet for putting us back together. Don made his first mask for me when I was 14; 25 years later, our paths have crossed once again. 

HWLZE0206.JPG

QAVWE6779.JPG

QJGRE1474.JPG

1 hour ago, aircanuck said:

No Armadilla, No Hockey; so the stars aligned, 3 wise men pointed to me to a manger and @Don Straus did his magic. 

Just want to get some pictures out there. This was a very special project and it was truly an honour to work with Don. Thanks to @TheGoalNet for putting us back together. Don made his first mask for me when I was 14; 25 years later, our paths have crossed once again. 

HWLZE0206.JPG

QAVWE6779.JPG

QJGRE1474.JPG

That is fuckin sweet, brother! Very happy for you - and extra props for updating your avatar with the new lid! 

:fistbump:

Thanks for the kind responses, everyone. It has definitely been a fascinating journey.

At age 10, Don @Don Straus painted a Phoenix on his own racing helmet. Fast forward some years and a 14 year old me walks into his shop with a cut above his eye looking for the safest mask on the market and to have the Firebird styled Phoenix incorporated into the design. Fast forward 25 years, through the miracle of the internet/this website, Don and I reconnect, now here we are. Notwithstanding having an amazing mask to keep me safe and a beautiful design paired with it, the journey with some amazing people (Don, his wife and my own wife) has truly been the highlight of this project.

Snapseed.thumb.jpeg.3e9a46384203e409a376f8d3839b64d5.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Archived