Cracked/Bent Cage — Please Assess

Took a heavy shot to my Protechsport the other night, and saw that the cage sustained a small bend/crack. It's not super noticeable — you can see it at the bottom of the eye-opening on the right side (your right).

This is somehow the first time in my 20 years of playing that I've bent a cage in any noticeable way, and so I'm not really sure how serious/negligible the damage is. Based on some of the cages I've seen on here and in the pros, it's pretty minor... but I'd feel better getting a few opinions from people. Either way, I should probably email Michel at Protechsport and ask for him to send a spare cage. 

Is this anything to worry about? Keep my eye on? That crack is just in the paint, right? It shouldn't affect the integrity of the cage, right? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

IMG_3140.thumb.JPG.2661d0483fe1738ffaf8977b12737787.JPG

IMG_3143.thumb.JPG.017fdd3e9d83b14d590b3d1480f91555.JPG

IMG_3142.thumb.JPG.1b5ab2d52c159f961504b7cd4be28063.JPG

I had a similar dent that I kept playing in for quite a bit until my new mask showed up. Understand the structure is weakened at this point. From what people have told me, I wouldn't want to go on indefinitely with a dented cage. It doesn't look too bad to me, but I am not an engineer or mask designer by any stretch. That's just my gut reaction. 

IMG_0562.thumb.JPG.74e76b497197eea33607b60da024a476.JPG

Definitely something to work on replacing but it's nothing that you can't keep playing with in the mean time and not feel safe.

For me, once I get something similar to what you have, that's when I place an order for a new cat eye. Since I'm in Canada, I can't just go and buy one from a retail shop, so it has to ship from the states. Usually takes a week or so, I have plenty of straight bar cages as back ups in case things ever get too dicey.

45 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

I had a similar dent that I kept playing in for quite a bit until my new mask showed up. Understand the structure is weakened at this point. From what people have told me, I wouldn't want to go on indefinitely with a dented cage. It doesn't look too bad to me, but I am not an engineer or mask designer by any stretch. That's just my gut reaction. 

IMG_0562.thumb.JPG.74e76b497197eea33607b60da024a476.JPG

More importantly... What's happening with this old one?

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

More importantly... What's happening with this old one?

She's in for C-Check right now. All structures inspection, corrosion, and clean up before returning to form an integral part of the Armadilla Trio. She'll return to game rotation upon completion!

Archived