Custom Gear Wait Times

Goalline

CCM is definitely the king of the goalie market... which use to be Vaughn.

The common thread.. Pete Smith.  I would bet that the majority of Warrior users were previous Smith clients (myself included) or fell in love with the Velocity line at Vaughn when Pete was there.

Amazing how many guys love the platform but won't take the leap of faith because their favorite pro may be using it or the modernization's may be to far outside their comfort zone.

3 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

CCM is definitely the king of the goalie market

I thought that until all of my CCM stuff broke at once lol. My blockers (yes, blockers. two of them.) split on the corners and then CCM said it was because of large amounts of paddle down (which I rarely use). They refused to warranty my blockers, both of which I had only used for roughly a month. I have since left all things CCM and now have a Warrior G3 blocker and a Warrior G3 Pro glove currently in shipping to replace my cracked CCM glove (that glove was great. no complaints other than the wrist strap kept loosening on it's own).

10 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

CCM is definitely the king of the goalie market... which use to be Vaughn.

The common thread.. Pete Smith.  I would bet that the majority of Warrior users were previous Smith clients (myself included) or fell in love with the Velocity line at Vaughn when Pete was there.

Amazing how many guys love the platform but won't take the leap of faith because their favorite pro may be using it or the modernization's may be to far outside their comfort zone.

Yeah, it's funny and sorta silly how impressionable we (humans) can be by things like celebrity and professional athletes.  That same sillyness is of course very profitable.

I'm definitely guilty of some  *I like that goalie - he uses X - I want X*.  It could be way more irrational than it is for me, but it's there, for sure.  I don't fall for the latest and greatest versions and I also don't think of what I use or like as the best or superior for any particularly rational reason.   I'm big on aesthetic components and one little feature will catch my eye and then I just need it, like a Sportmask cage with the wide center bar, for example.  I have no problems with a little vanity.  Familiarity is huge and I have a lifelong familiarity with Vaughn and no reason (yet) to venture out.   If i had to tomorrow, I'd go to CCM.  Why? Most similar to what I use now and I have been enormously influenced by their visibility.

I've used Vaughn my whole life and my top 2 favorite goalies use Vaughn.  The inverse is true for me, too: my least favorite company for gear in terms of appeal is Bauer and I subsequently find watching Bauer goalies in the NHL kinda boring.  It's just not as exciting for me. 

I can't speak to Warrior in the NHL, but the appeal is there, for sure. Their gear seems very other, very revolutionary, and very foreign.  It stands out by how unique it looks but I just don't have any practical experience with it and there is zero opportunity be be impressionable to it, so it's just sorta.....out there.  Inaccessible. 

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I can't speak to Warrior in the NHL, but the appeal is there, for sure. Their gear seems very other, very revolutionary, and very foreign.  It stands out by how unique it looks but I just don't have any practical experience with it and there is zero opportunity be be impressionable to it, so it's just sorta.....out there.  Inaccessible. 

My experience with warrior prior to jumping in was seeing an opposing goalie who wore g2's and g3's. I was intrigued by it but was always kind of skeptical on it. The GT line made me switch over pretty quickly due to catching my attention from the first teaser images.

Honestly, sometimes just jumping in head first is the way to go. Had I stuck with what I was familiar with (Vaughn), I don't think I would have found the perfect gear set for me in the Warriors. Gotta risk it bud. ;)

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My experience with warrior prior to jumping in was seeing an opposing goalie who wore g2's and g3's. I was intrigued by it but was always kind of skeptical on it. The GT line made me switch over pretty quickly due to catching my attention from the first teaser images.

Honestly, sometimes just jumping in head first is the way to go. Had I stuck with what I was familiar with (Vaughn), I don't think I would have found the perfect gear set for me in the Warriors. Gotta risk it bud. ;)

I am weakening on my aversion to any and everything Warrior.  In my mind they are still the company of the Douche-Font and MMA Graphics... the Ed Hardy of Hockey.... but I am slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly coming around to maybe using one of their sticks LOL

9 minutes ago, Naz said:

I am weakening on my aversion to any and everything Warrior.  In my mind they are still the company of the Douche-Font and MMA Graphics... the Ed Hardy of Hockey.... but I am slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly coming around to maybe using one of their sticks LOL

Their gear isn't for everyone, but they do make some fantastic sticks.

God, how much of a fanboy can I get amirite?

I've tried random pieces of gear from Warrior ever since the initial Ritual line and none of it has really worked for me other than like pants/cup/knee protection. I've wanted to love the pads and gloves but I can just never get them dialed in. The quality on everything Warrior I've ever owned has been top notch though and I'd never say anything bad about them. They're just not for me and that's fine.

I will also second that they make some really good sticks.

22 minutes ago, Naz said:

Wow. I hadn't thought of that but their gear absolutely looks like MMA gloves.  

Good catch Naz.

Edited by seagoal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ordered my custom Warrior G4 set back on December 21st, 2018 and they arrived February 27th, 2019 (the set was completed around February 23rd, and was posted to Instagram on February 25th).

There were a few things that led to my order taking pretty much 9 weeks.  First, the day I ordered my gear Warrior didn't process the order as they were closed for the Christmas season (it was processed almost a week after).  Second, the factory closes for Chinese New Year from Jan 27th-Feb 10th.  At least this is what I was told when I placed the order.

I was quoted 8-10 weeks by the retailer and they were pretty much bang on with the timeline though, so I can't complain.  It just sucked hearing people say Warrior shipped their gear out within 3-4 weeks of their order date, so in the back of my head I was kinda hoping that would happen for me too.

Can't complain with the result though :D

warrior.JPG

Edited by nocluehalo
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...