work outs

GoalieInTheDesertYT

Maria Mountain has specific programs, such as the Beer League MVP and one for serious hockey players as well.  It's not just the butterfly challenge.

And saying "Beachbody has lots of different programs" is basically no different than saying "bits and pieces"

Most importantly, I recommended Starting Strength, which is probably the most comprehensive way to develop strength.  

Finally, the word is "you" not "u".  ;)

10 hours ago, DL42 said:

It has everything u are looking for u just have to look.

You know what go and continue with all the random bits and pieces on Youtube and put it together and see how far you get.

Oh and Bandit goalie school and Future pro goalie school both have show p90x at the school.

1. You don't know what I'm looking for.

2. I don't recall saying I use 'random bits in pieces on YouTube' -- in fact, you have no clue what my approach is.

3. I bet they also teach yoga, stretching, weight-lifting, etc. But I don't really care what they use, I know what works for me.

It's fine if you love P90X and want to get a beach body, but I don't really see why you're arguing with people who prefer other workouts. Why do you care?

Maria Mountain does have some YouTube videos out there for exercises that her viewers have requested, however, she also has a variety of full workout programs for people starting out, to pros, who she has as clients. You can go as far as having her as your personal trainer if you want. I would argue that her knowledge is more specific to goaltending than p90x beach body, but if that works for you, then keep using it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've found the perfect goalie workout.  Literally the only thing you ever need to work on.  Sit in an office chair with wheels on it.  Use one leg at a time and push yourself around the room.  Perfect workout to mimic butterfly pushes.  Done sir done. :fyea:

You are joking, I'm assuming, but when I tore a hamstring, one of the exercises was to pull myself on a wheeled office chair with one leg at a time.  who knew office chairs were great physical therapy tools.

7 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

You are joking, I'm assuming, but when I tore a hamstring, one of the exercises was to pull myself on a wheeled office chair with one leg at a time.  who knew office chairs were great physical therapy tools.

Of course I am kidding, kind of.  I am not actually telling anyone to stop working out and only push themselves around their office on a chair(even though I do it all the time at work lol), but, it really is a very similar motion to a butterfly push.

• 1 month later...

I'm late in this discussion but it can help you with your leg training. I have a list of goalie related exercices, who work great for me at least. For a program of 4 weeks, during the season, I usually mix 3 strength and 3 agility exercices, plus a lot of core, stretching and upper body exercices. Also, some interval training on the bike. 

Strength

Squats       
Deadlifts      
Split squat on bench  
Prowler      
Barbell Walking Lunge  
Split Squat with Toe at Wall  
Squat Lateral    
Sumo Squat    
Front squat    
Single leg press    
DB Clean