Dropout's 2017 Season

The resurrection has begun. :)

I have not played much over the past 2 months or so,  and only pick up games.  So when I was asked by some guys to join their team for the summer, I jumped at the chance.  I've spared with them a few times, and play some pick up with other members so I at least know a few of the guys.

Our first game was May 1, followed by another May 3.  Another one tom`orrow night.

From May 1:

Some rust in this one.  Particularly the 1st and 4th goals.  The first I got over but not in the right spot.  Second was a deflection off my D.  3rd I bit on the fake.  4th I don't even know what I was doing as I ended up facing down ice when the shot came from the left face off area.  Oh well, live and learn.

Game 2:

Stronger opponent, and there were about 4 goals I probably could have stopped if I had seen them.  Either too many people in front of me, a D cutting across my vision or not enough battle from me.  Likely a combination of all three.  This game was better in my opinion, hopefully the trend continues.  Now just to get my D to get out of the way......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a quick watch of the videos. Perhaps a bit of rust, but you'll lose that pretty quick I'm sure. Some great saves especially while they were trying top exploit the back-door.

IMO you are playing what I call "full-spectrum" hockey: playing with and against players that cover the full spectrum from benders to high level that can (and at one point did) go around most of the opposing team. Unfortunately, calling a couple of your D pylons would be an insult to pylons...

The latest game was a **** show.  One goal I was caught in indecision and should have been an easy stop.  One goal didn't go in (super slo-mo looks like it went cross bar to post and out) but counted and another went in but wasn't counted.....karma I guess.  Going to be a long summer, but I should come out of it better.  

Agree with FR and Hills - can't blame yourself for that loss. Sorry, but plain and simple, your D doesn't have a clue. Replay the video and look at how many plays the other team has at least one, and a lot of times two players behind your D. Examples:

• 3:09 – 12 is interfering – should be leveled
  • Sequence starting at 3:20 – way too long for two guys to be in there without paying the price

I bet the other team didn't hang their goalie out to dry like the weekend  laundry

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up on these...

Your May 14 game: At 2:48, your D on the right (number forty something) knows who to cover, but then he skates by his check and somehow decides turning tight and getting back into the play to cover his man is just too tiring. Instead, he coast lazily back and at the last second even turns away as his check puts the puck in while you are down. There’s a name for people like that (actually there’s quite a few names…)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived