Dropout's 2017 Season

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

FR, when you asked bad edge or bad ice I wasn't sure what you meant, then I realized now that you were referring to my falling down a few times.  I would love to blame it on something, but I think it was just one of those nights where you do what you normally do but it goes off the rails.  I would have to guess it was either catching an edge, or just poor skating/balance.

Video from last week (no game this week with Thanksgiving weekend).  Not a good one, but not a bad one.  The first two against were 100% on me not expecting the scorer to get a shot at a bouncing puck, and got burned both times.  Just goes to show that a momentary lapse in focus/concentration can end up with a +1 on the scoreboard!

Little late to this, Gary; sorry about that. How did you stop the shot @ :14? Did you even see it? Same question @ 3:13. Great save @ 3:43. Much better game than you say. Really good battling, tracking, and getting across. Only goal on you is the first one where you weren't entirely set. Good game!

1 hour ago, Fullright said:

Little late to this, Gary; sorry about that. How did you stop the shot @ :14? Did you even see it? Same question @ 3:13. Great save @ 3:43. Much better game than you say. Really good battling, tracking, and getting across. Only goal on you is the first one where you weren't entirely set. Good game!

The shot at 0:14, played the odds and went down.  It hit me, lucky to be good right?  :)  @ 3:13, it actually hit the outside of the post.    Same decision making, again, got some puck luck.

I'm starting to realize that my team is not going to score 4+ goals a game, so I'm gonna have to step it up and shut 'em down in order to have some success this year.  What we're really missing is a stud D.  The other teams we have faced so far have had one, but we don't.  A bunch of average D players, which makes for some predictable play, but that goes two ways.  We have 7 games before any balancing is done (everyone plays each other team once) so maybe we'll benefit from some trade action.....

From the latest in atrocities......

Okay, so the score wasn't so bad, but the constant losing is getting to me.  Going back to the beginning of summer season, I think I have been on the W side maybe 3-4 times.  We just don't have the horses to keep up.

The first goal was pretty bad.  I played the one time shot and came over too aggressively and didn't stop my slide, leaving the far side WIDE open.  Boy that one ticked me off.  The other was a good shot, and I felt it hit my cheater on the glove.....must have deflected it into my own net.

Losing isn’t any fun at all, I feel your pain. It also sucks that when you don’t have enough skill in front of you, you have a ton of pressure on you to be perfect or near perfect for the team to win. I wouldn’t beat yourself up about the first goal. The guy had all the time in the world to make that shot. You had a lot of good saves and kept the game close and gave your team a chance which is all you can do as a goalie.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that video is different that the one you are talking about. The video said you tied 1-1?

Great save @2:04!

I can completely related to the not winning aspect, my team is 0-4 and a win hasn't really been close. While I don't mind the shots the team moral sucks.

• 1 year later...

i am a beginner goalie so take this with a grain of salt but i have noticed a tendancey when you have a high shot on the glove side you drop your hand slightly allowing an extra few seconds  for the shot to go above the glove.  i dont know if anyone has pointed this out but i thought id also say thanks for the vids!  love watching them!! 

13 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

i am a beginner goalie so take this with a grain of salt but i have noticed a tendancey when you have a high shot on the glove side you drop your hand slightly allowing an extra few seconds  for the shot to go above the glove.  i dont know if anyone has pointed this out but i thought id also say thanks for the vids!  love watching them!! 

just noticed it, I’m not an expert at all but it just takes lots of practice to keep your gloves from dropping down even the slightest bit on high shots when you go to the butterfly

Archived