Hockey movies

RichMan

Here's a special one. Many of you will surely get a kick out of it, if not get all nostalgic. One thing's for sure, not to put myself on a pedestal but, me, now at 50 and with my current game level compared to these guys, hell I should shop my resume around the pros and see who will bite lolll 

40 minutes ago, Colander said:

OK - so maybe not a movie specifically , but what about "Making Coco" - and how do I actually get to see it???

I'm still waiting on it to. The media on it has died down the past month or 2.

Here's another mini-doc. I wish my city was this big on the game. We used to be a strong hockey city, but with the influx of immigrants the past 20 years, soccer has taken lots of room. It's even at a point where our Gatineau (Hull) Olympiques have lost crowd interest, and I don't think it's entirely due to lack of presence in the playoffs. Even the famed Kiwanis Hockey tournament is barely heard of anymore.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, aircanuck said:

Next up "Keep Your Head Up, Kid" and "The Wrath of Grapes" if you are interested in Prime Minister Don Cherry.

11168304.jpg

Also, Mr. Hockey was fantastic.

MV5BMTY1NzkwNDc5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg0

The Cherry movies were really good. And anything with Jared Keeso is going to be a hit with me.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:06 PM, lummy31 said:

Red Army is good... and the hockey is real. Documentary.

6b357be5314935046bda50ae9add656c916c197d.jpg

FANTASTIC movie. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, RichMan said:

Here's a special one. Many of you will surely get a kick out of it, if not get all nostalgic. One thing's for sure, not to put myself on a pedestal but, me, now at 50 and with my current game level compared to these guys, hell I should shop my resume around the pros and see who will bite lolll 

How did they get cameras in on the men’s league I occasionally sub on?

On 1/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, aircanuck said:

Next up "Keep Your Head Up, Kid" and "The Wrath of Grapes" if you are interested in Prime Minister Don Cherry.

11168304.jpg

Fantastic movies. Fun fact, my wife and I watched both of them the day before he was fired. 

To that end, I present to you the greatest 30 minutes of hockey highlights you'll ever see:

• 9 months later...

Late to the sequel to Goon party (was there one?). I honestly didn't know that there was a second one. I thought I was watching the original again on Netflix last night and thought it skipped to where Doug Glatt was already on the team and all.

That said. Good movie. I think it was better than Goon 1 - not saying much. The hockey was pretty good. The players all seemed like they could play and the goalies had their pads on the right legs this time. The instant blood spray was the same as the first one. The announcers kinda joke about it similar to what would be said on a video game.

The off ice stuff was still pretty much hockey related. Same people from the original, so that's quite respectable in my book.

There were a few scenes where Sean William Scott's hair was either spray on or a bad rug - oh well. Sean William Scott seems way cool and I always enjoy his movies for what they are.

Doug Glatt Returns (And Isn't Welcome) in Exclusive 'Goon: Last of the  Enforcers' Clip - Mandatory

Seann William Scott Is Back on the Big Screen | InStyle

Archived