Why did I feel shots hit my leg through my pads?

Max27

This sounds really weird I know, but in a game I had today, wasnt even an ice hockey game, it was a deck hockey game, and in warmups, i felt shots hit my legs. 

What I mean is that a shot would hit the pad and it felt like something had hit my actual calf.

I never had this issue before. Does this mean the pads are breaking down? Should I invest in new pads? 

For whatever it is worth, the pads im using right now are CCM Eflex 2 760 leg pads

41 minutes ago, Max27 said:

This sounds really weird I know, but in a game I had today, wasnt even an ice hockey game, it was a deck hockey game, and in warmups, i felt shots hit my legs. 

What I mean is that a shot would hit the pad and it felt like something had hit my actual calf.

I never had this issue before. Does this mean the pads are breaking down? Should I invest in new pads? 

For whatever it is worth, the pads im using right now are CCM Eflex 2 760 leg pads

I don't understand — your calf is in the back of your leg. 

3 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

I don't understand — your calf is in the back of your leg. 

i worded that bad, I meant that i felt the shot and the feeling went to the back of my leg, Terrible comparison but it felt like a vibration almost

It was so weird, Ive been using these pads regularly since December 2017 and I havent ever had any issues like this with them, or really issues with them overall

22 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i worded that bad, I meant that i felt the shot and the feeling went to the back of my leg, Terrible comparison but it felt like a vibration almost

It was so weird, Ive been using these pads regularly since December 2017 and I havent ever had any issues like this with them, or really issues with them overall

It's possible that there's a problem with the pad, but I wouldn't be able to diagnose anything without seeing the inside of them.

I wore my Koho 580s for 15 years (and beat the everliving hell out of them) and I never felt a shot the way you're describing. I wore those (and my current Keneskys) pretty tight, because I do like to 'feel' the shots. But the shot doesn't reverberate through my leg like you're describing.

My mind goes more to your legs, and issues like shin splints and hairline fractures. Is it possible that you have a minor injury that would make your legs more sensitive to impact? That's all I can really suggest.

6 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

It's possible that there's a problem with the pad, but I wouldn't be able to diagnose anything without seeing the inside of them.

I wore my Koho 580s for 15 years (and beat the everliving hell out of them) and I never felt a shot the way you're describing. I wore those (and my current Keneskys) pretty tight, because I do like to 'feel' the shots. But the shot doesn't reverberate through my leg like you're describing.

My mind goes more to your legs, and issues like shin splints and hairline fractures. Is it possible that you have a minor injury that would make your legs more sensitive to impact? That's all I can really suggest.

Yeah i tend to wear my pads tighter also, i broke them in a lot to make them really soft, and the front does have a lot of give on it to deaden the shots, which could be the culprit. They have softened up a lot since getting them.

The thing that confuses me is I played 2 games td, 1 ice 1 deck, and i had no issues in the ice game like this, which makes me think it was just a weird way the shot reacted off of the pad, the shots were not really hard at all. My leg sits tight at the calf but it sits lower at the knee and i wear them a little looser now to let them hang in towards the 5 hole, so my pad isnt really directly behind the calf. I wear a top calf strap like a professor strap so the pads arent floppy, but like i said my pad really isnt directly behind the calf which confuses me more towards why i felt the shot

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Why did I feel shots hit my leg through my pads?
35 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This would be a Max problem

I remember in school my friend said that to me once lmao I was washing my hands and my hands were covered in soap and the sink wasnt working and my friend was there and was like "thats such a Max thing"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jayluv54 said:

GM has their GT demo sets on clearance right now...pretty good deal.

yeah true but the disclaimer is kinda drawing me away. i dont wanna get sent a pad that has a ton of wear when i could just get em new, plus the clearance pads will be (likely) around 500$ which is a steal for the quality of warriors sr gear

Archived