CCM Quick-Release strap on glove

Max27

Just a minor question, but do all retail CCM gloves come with the quick release strap, where you feed the nylon wrist strap through the cuff?  Ive seen pictures of some with it and some without and was wondering if its on them all or not. tha nks

7 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Just a minor question, but do all retail CCM gloves come with the quick release strap, where you feed the nylon wrist strap through the cuff?  Ive seen pictures of some with it and some without and was wondering if its on them all or not. tha nks

pretty sure you would have to go custom to get it with a leather strap which I think is the only other option.  Some retailers order custom gloves though, so its possible to see certain custom options at the retail level.

1 minute ago, jayluv54 said:

pretty sure you would have to go custom to get it with a leather strap which I think is the only other option.  Some retailers order custom gloves though, so its possible to see certain custom options at the retail level.

i dont mean the leather strap i mean this. its a little tab you can feed the nylon strap through. have seen it on some cuffs and havent on others

ccm-goalie-glove-premier-r1-9-int-inset3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i dont mean the leather strap i mean this. its a little tab you can feed the nylon strap through. have seen it on some cuffs and havent on others

ccm-goalie-glove-premier-r1-9-int-inset3.jpg

I gotcha.  not sure, I know its on my P2, but I don't remember it being on my eflex 3's.  It just kind of hung out a gap in the cuff, which my P2 doesn't have.

It's a Premier thing. Also, it's more of a quick tighten feature... not release. To release to you need turn the cam underneath. If you're looking for it on an Eflex series you could ask for an extra long strap and it feeds through space between the back of the cheater face and the back of hand protection...

image.png.fe1d47e95e98e42b533718a9596dc4f1.png

16 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Seems to be limited to the Premier series. I don't understand why; it's a very handy feature.

Yeah makes nosense

16 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I gotcha.  not sure, I know its on my P2, but I don't remember it being on my eflex 3's.  It just kind of hung out a gap in the cuff, which my P2 doesn't have.

ah

8 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

It's a Premier thing. Also, it's more of a quick tighten feature... not release. To release to you need turn the cam underneath. If you're looking for it on an Eflex series you could ask for an extra long strap and it feeds through space between the back of the cheater face and the back of hand protection...

image.png.fe1d47e95e98e42b533718a9596dc4f1.png

yeah ik its a tighten but ive heard it be called quick release strap

I'm not a fan of this wrist strap style. It loosens itself all the time and I have to tighten it between every play. While it does offer security on your wrist when it is tight, it comes loose too often. I also have small wrists so having a big long strap just flopping around is quite annoying.

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

It's a Premier thing

This is not true.  I have a custom Retro-Flex II set and that nylon strap feed through the outside of my cuff on my 600 break glove (as pictured by Max above).  I didn't request it specifically, but just asked for nylon strap instead of leather one.  I have both a 590 and 600 RetroFlex glove and they both have the nylon strap going through the cuff's side.

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm not a fan of this wrist strap style. It loosens itself all the time and I have to tighten it between every play. While it does offer security on your wrist when it is tight, it comes loose too often. I also have small wrists so having a big long strap just flopping around is quite annoying.

Yeah I like my glove really loose so i wouldnt mind my glove not having this i was just wondering if it had it

8 minutes ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

This is not true.  I have a custom Retro-Flex II set and that nylon strap feed through the outside of my cuff on my 600 break glove (as pictured by Max above).  I didn't request it specifically, but just asked for nylon strap instead of leather one.  I have both a 590 and 600 RetroFlex glove and they both have the nylon strap going through the cuff's side.

interesting. could just be on custom

1 minute ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Pretty sure this is a ccm thing from going back to the reebok days...my gloves all looked pretty much the same. 

yeah just wondering bc like i said ive seen some with it and some without

42 minutes ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

Not sure about custom work or Retro-Flex, but I can tell you that at the store I work at the P2 gloves we have in stock offer this and the EF3's don't.   We'll see if anything changes with EF4, but I'm definitely going with leather when I order my set of those.  

58 minutes ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

Wow... I more than misspoke. I have EF1 Retroflexes and mine do have it going through the back like @Max27 pictured (goes to show how often I use it I guess.) I had taken a quick look online and saw EF3 didn't have it and all but P2 did. My apologies for the confusion. @Puckstopper has it right...

17 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not sure about custom work or Retro-Flex, but I can tell you that at the store I work at the P2 gloves we have in stock offer this and the EF3's don't.   We'll see if anything changes with EF4, but I'm definitely going with leather when I order my set of those.  

Archived