The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

Goalie gear is expensive. Crazy expensive.

So I wanted to start a thread dedicated to sharing the best deals around.

Only one real rule here: all sales should be from a manufacturer/vendor. No GGSU, SidelineSwap, Craigslist, Ebay (unless from an actual vendor) postings here, please.

I'll start us off:

TheGoalieCrease.com is blowing out their Vapor 1X Pro Glove sets (catcher and blocker!) for $499.99 CAD.

Untitled.png.89c91850ff4090ec4ba28b9b3679d260.png

Crazy good price for a pro level catcher and blocker. Maybe us Americans can take advantage of the exchange rate on this one?

Unfortunately, for our full-right brethren, TGC only has regular hands. And they only come in White/Red. The pricing seems to be until they get rid of their stock, but I don't know that for sure.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goalie Monkey is putting some of their demo gear on sale.

Various prices here, colors are limited, as are sizes.

Gearr is obviously used, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the JR and INT gear is hardly used.

Below is just a snippet of what's available. No CCM available, apparently.

Snippet.png.2e27a12849af51687bc05200a97f04fe.png

15 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Do you guys buy in Canada? The dollar is so cheap for you....you should, even pay a little extra for the shipping. 

For a small fee I'm willing to help ship, buy etc :)

Most of the big brands prevent cross border shopping on there gear. Unless you have a friend or relatives who address you can ship to to. I tried to order some pro return sticks from goalie monkey USA a couple of years ago and they cancelled the order as they couldn't ship them out of the USA. Only the smaller brands let the folks from south border buy up here.

Also once you get into personal shipping away from stores and company's you lose out on any deal as the shipping rates can be alot higher. Canada Post just jaked there rates up, after there lovely strike and UPS/FedEx are an absolute joke when  it comes to shipping over the border. When the strike was going on I sold a pair of pads to a person  in Manitoba, the cheapest courier rate I could find from Ontario to there was $125.

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

Most of the big brands prevent cross border shopping on there gear. Unless you have a friend or relatives who address you can ship to to. I tried to order some pro return sticks from goalie monkey USA a couple of years ago and they cancelled the order as they couldn't ship them out of the USA. Only the smaller brands let the folks from south border buy up here.

Also once you get into personal shipping away from stores and company's you lose out on any deal as the shipping rates can be alot higher. Canada Post just jaked there rates up, after there lovely strike and UPS/FedEx are an absolute joke when  it comes to shipping over the border. When the strike was going on I sold a pair of pads to a person  in Manitoba, the cheapest courier rate I could find from Ontario to there was $125.

Tell me about it, I couldn't order from goaliemonkey either back when the Canadian dollar was higher...but found a friend. Now it's not worth it. 

I had to ship knee guards to a guy in the States..32 bucks!! And prices are going up as you said. But for the guys in the States it's worth to buy here. 

GoalieMonkey has the Koho 589 Vintage Pro at $399.98.

Good price if you don't mind an older pad.

Unfortunately, discount codes don't seem to apply.

Only in 34+2, White/Red, specs as follows.

Koho 589 Vintage Pro Leg Pad

MODEL M1
Flex Options Straight Angle, Single Break
Leg Strap System Adjustable Nylon
Inner Leg Channel & Calf 2 calf straps - tight lower, loose upper
Toe Arrangement Standard leather bridge w/lacing

Koho.thumb.png.50a5ddb7e7cc80004551cb69d6d76206.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GoalieMonkey also has the Reebok XLT pro leg pads on sale at $554.98.

Discount codes apply, so you can use the current code of "CLEAR10" to bring it down to $499.48 before any applicable sales tax and shipping.

Only available in 34+2, all white, no break.

Pretty good deal on a modern butterfly pad.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

MODEL M1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GoalieMonkey also has the Reebok XLT pro leg pads on sale at $554.98.

Discount codes apply, so you can use the current code of "CLEAR10" to bring it down to $499.48 before any applicable sales tax and shipping.

Only available in 34+2, all white, no break.

Pretty good deal on a modern butterfly pad.

OMG, all those leather straps would make those pads SOOOOOOO heavy...

*sarcasm

On 1/29/2019 at 3:58 PM, Snowman30 said:

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/senior-goalie-sticks/products/sher-wood-bpm-150-sr-goalie-stick-black-silver?variant=12121673039946

Sherwood BPM 150 stick

$270 stick for 50% off. Picked up one myself. Sadly PHL will only ship within Canada

Thanks for posting this. I nearly pulled the trigger on a Warrior at retail price last week. Glad I held off, getting a much better stick for essentially the same price. Hoping I can accomplish what I want with it. This will be my first composite, I've always used foam cores with a trigger grip/Lundqvist grip combo cut into it, but I've got an idea in mind to replicate that without cutting the stick.

9 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Are people switching away from leather straps because of weight? I always assumed it was because of the substantial performance benefit. 

Weight plus "it takes too long to put on/off" when deduced from modern strapping marketing.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:26 PM, cwarnar said:

Great idea!!! 

Passau with an amazing offer... and likely a price that can't be beat for pro level custom gear set

They extended the deal to Monday:

"Due to the popularity of our first ever full kit promotional pricing, we're extending the deal to Monday 2/4."

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:34 AM, ULTIMA said:

I dunno about online. But in store, yellow marked down stickers on lots of stuff.

Pro hockey life does a really really bad job in marketing, and keeping track of inventory from store to store and online, they also make no damn sense!!!

For example, they have a crap load of skates in store which I saw BUT you can't buy it online if you wanted because they don't have your size.  For example also, if you wanted a product and they don't have it online.....but you know one of the stores 100 KM away has it but not the one 15 KM away they won't ship it for you and will charge you shipping!Which ties to my first point.  It's really messed up.  I argued with them on multiple occasions....I try to stay away from that sore.  Plus I think there are other stores that will get you the better deal like Dukes.

Like you also said, if they mark stuff down in store do it online as well.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Bauer S190 is on clearance on goalie monkey currently priced at $379.98 if anyone's interested. $400 to get into the CORTech life.

S190 does not have CORETech. 

1s, 2s, and 1x have full CORETech. The X900 and S29 just have the CORETech sliding plates.

The S190 is all jenpro, basically a One.9 pad with CRS and cleaned up sliding edge.

• Thanks 1