The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

On 2/8/2019 at 5:47 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Pro hockey life does a really really bad job in marketing, and keeping track of inventory from store to store and online, they also make no damn sense!!!

For example, they have a crap load of skates in store which I saw BUT you can't buy it online if you wanted because they don't have your size.  For example also, if you wanted a product and they don't have it online.....but you know one of the stores 100 KM away has it but not the one 15 KM away they won't ship it for you and will charge you shipping!Which ties to my first point.  It's really messed up.  I argued with them on multiple occasions....I try to stay away from that sore.  Plus I think there are other stores that will get you the better deal like Dukes.

Like you also said, if they mark stuff down in store do it online as well.

Yeah, I was in Ottawa last weekend and wanted to try on the NME VTX mask in Fit 3, but it didn't actually exist in the store.  May have sold in the day since I looked it up, but still kinda frustrating.

On the other hand, I have had them ship something in my size from another store to my local one for free, not sure if that's changed since I had it done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where else to put this, but if you want a BAD deal, or to be stolen from, check out this dude's post:

image.png.c25db09e477abcf796be1b0e8e17e65f.png

I mean, am I missing something? Why would you buy this used set, when you can get a BRAND NEW GNETik-IV for <$3K

There must be something I'm not realizing or understanding here... I've never bought or sold on Sidelineswap, so maybe there's an explanation...? I almost want to contact the guy and say

"Hi! So your ad... WTF ?Do they come with a skate sharpening machine or a personal trainer or a lifetime-supply of tape...?

Regards,

Mr. Not Interested"

image.png.bebc65879f3f0c8a0a94fe4f8381db15.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@Lucky Pucker I have 2 theories...

1. Added an extra 0 when posting

2. These pads belonged to Steve Passmore at some point in their lives.  But again, PUT THAT IN THE AD.  Amateur move.

Well, if it is indeed theory #1, that at least legitimizes my posting it in this thread. At $500, that would be quite a steal!

...of course, all Steve-lievers hope and pray it's theory #2.

Judging by their feedback it's just a scam. Sideline has gone to hell in a real quick hurry. They took away commenting on posts which actually went a long way in calling out peoples BS when they would try to pass something off as something better than it was. They also just let businesses spam the hockey section with 7 year old equipment they are still trying to sell for retail price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 4:58 PM, Snowman30 said:

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/senior-goalie-sticks/products/sher-wood-bpm-150-sr-goalie-stick-black-silver?variant=12121673039946

Sherwood BPM 150 stick

$270 stick for 50% off. Picked up one myself. Sadly PHL will only ship within Canada

Snowman thanks for the heads up - picked two of these up for my son, awesome stick at a great price !

On 4/5/2019 at 9:35 AM, wox33 said:

Judging by their feedback it's just a scam. Sideline has gone to hell in a real quick hurry. They took away commenting on posts which actually went a long way in calling out peoples BS when they would try to pass something off as something better than it was. They also just let businesses spam the hockey section with 7 year old equipment they are still trying to sell for retail price.

I've put some items on there, ppl try to low ball you. Ppl also harass you on there if they seen your gear around other places, basically telling you to drop your price as if they are trying to sell which is pretty funny, I tell them to f off. I'm also not giving a company 10% off my sales when there are plenty other ways and places I can sell for free. No thanks. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:26 AM, Mroy31 said:

@Lucky Pucker I have 2 theories...

1. Added an extra 0 when posting

2. These pads belonged to Steve Passmore at some point in their lives.  But again, PUT THAT IN THE AD.  Amateur move.

Didn’t you know that was Passy’s last set when he played for the Moose Piss Snow Flakes?!? Passmore fans should see that right away!!!! You must NOT be a Passmore fan if you couldn’t figure that out!! 

Sheesh kabob!

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, Imperative said:

That guy did a few of those sets. Can’t remember his name.

11 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

That guy did a few of those sets. Can’t remember his name.

Glenn green he is the king of recreating retro set ups. I can’t remember al of them but I know he has done richter McLean Potvin Roy and down to a T. If I remember right he even made the koho logos himself so they would be a perfect match. Although the guy selling these Potvin tributes isn’t Glen  

10 minutes ago, Imperative said:

Glenn green he is the king of recreating retro set ups. I can’t remember al of them but I know he has done richter McLean Potvin Roy and down to a T. If I remember right he even made the koho logos himself so they would be a perfect match. Although the guy selling these Potvin tributes isn’t Glen  

I have seen this particular fellow doing modern versions of the retro stuff. We may be thinking of two different people.