New skate purchase

daffy

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, daffy said:

Thanks for the info on the cowlings.  I would then think the profile cowling has same blade as profile g and as1.  

I still have some time to decide.  Appreciate the responses.

You get your boots yet @daffy ? I ended up putting getting scanned and putting deposit down for True 1 piece. 4 week wait quoted but rep said it should be quicker due to end of season and lower volumes.

Did you get any add-ones? And which liner did you go with? I just went with standard clarino.

Hey @dstew29 they came in ladt thursday but havent been to pick them up.  Waiting on my new cowlings to come in.  Ill be a cowling guy till done playing.  Went with standard liner.  Guys at the store also said goalies are ordering the extra lacebite pad on tongue so added that to.  Supposed to be helpful when in your stance.  Should be able to get them early in the week.   All said, just over 2 weeks to get them to the store.  You should get them pretty quick.

2 hours ago, daffy said:

Hey @dstew29 they came in ladt thursday but havent been to pick them up.  Waiting on my new cowlings to come in.  Ill be a cowling guy till done playing.  Went with standard liner.  Guys at the store also said goalies are ordering the extra lacebite pad on tongue so added that to.  Supposed to be helpful when in your stance.  Should be able to get them early in the week.   All said, just over 2 weeks to get them to the store.  You should get them pretty quick.

Not going back and reading everything, respectfully.

One or two piece boot?

3 hours ago, daffy said:

Nice, two weeks will fly by. I Guess I can always add the lace bite pad later if needed.

did you end up going with the CCM AS1 cowling?

2 piece for me @dstew29.  I hate change so i didnt want to change much else.  Went with Vaughn cowlings.  I use them already and have stocked up on steel for them.  Have 2 sets of step steel and another on set on the way.  Like the length of blade and the height.  Didnt want to mess around with different holders or cowlings.  Just stick with what's comfortable.

1 hour ago, daffy said:

2 piece for me @dstew29.  I hate change so i didnt want to change much else.  Went with Vaughn cowlings.  I use them already and have stocked up on steel for them.  Have 2 sets of step steel and another on set on the way.  Like the length of blade and the height.  Didnt want to mess around with different holders or cowlings.  Just stick with what's comfortable.

Never tried the Vaughn’s. Did you have to do a Price/Graf cutout mod? Thought they looked like they had a good amount of material on the instep last I checked

So i took the new True skates for a spin last night.  Had to be sure not to tighten laces at all otherwise i would get major lace bite.  The fit is good.  Heel is locked in and the skates are narrow so width is ok.  They feel long though. Well not so much long but too much volume.  I lift my toes up and can barely touch the top of the skate.  I have a high instep so i can only assume they built the skate tall enough but then by my toes it feel like there is a ton of room.  Not sure if this is normal?  Is it just something to get used to?  @Tim_TRUEHockey thoughts?

Archived