CCM Cracked cuffs

Max27

Is this still a consistent issue? I know theres been major issues with their glove plastics cracking in the past a lot and was wondering if its still an issue on their gloves. feel free to show any pics of any cracked plastics youve had if it still is an issue with their gloves

42 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

It seems to be more of an issue with one piece cuff gloves. I’ve seen a lot of pro returns and more often than not the ccm pro returns had a cracked cuff

yeah true, i havent really seen anyone w issues on a cracked 2piece and ive looked around alot for issues w it 

@Max27 I had a cracked OEM cuff on my Koho 589 (CCM EF1) which I sent off to Factory Mad for it and a few other repairs over the summer. Dennis threw in a new cuff and new bindings. By November the cuff cracked again. It's not unusable by any means... but I am using the 2nd glove at this point and the cracked one would only be for back to back games in a tourney. 

My point is I think this supports that it's a 1 piece thing. The fact that both the OEM CCM and Factory Mad cuffs both broke speaks to that. I don't recall ever having the issue on 2 piece cuffs as they could flex independently in the event of a hard enough impact.

The picture below was the OEM cracked cuff when Dennis took it out. I don't think the crack I have currently is as bad... but what is also misleading is that when everything is bound together so tightly it's hard to tell. I can certainly feel the new crack... but again... it's one of the reasons I usually order 2 gloves w/ a custom set. It's a luxury to be able to do so... and I  can understand the frustration for guys who have a tighter budget and have this happen.

1931302029_ShatteredThumbMold.thumb.jpg.7983e225ee4ebc15546bcb669e290b04.jpg

Has there ever or has anybody ever come up with a reason on why this happens specifically only to CCM/Reebok gear? Though I have no way of knowing the composition of the plastics across brands visually it seems like it's very similar. Maybe it's due to it being injection molded? Differing layups? 

This is very far out of what I know about gear so just shooting some guesses

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It may not be as bad as it was, but these 1 piece gloves are still prone to cracking 

yeah true, not sure why ccm is as bad with it as other companies are. they dont really change their glove and blocker constructions from year to year as far as i know so that could be a reason why

5 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@Max27 I had a cracked OEM cuff on my Koho 589 (CCM EF1) which I sent off to Factory Mad for it and a few other repairs over the summer. Dennis threw in a new cuff and new bindings. By November the cuff cracked again. It's not unusable by any means... but I am using the 2nd glove at this point and the cracked one would only be for back to back games in a tourney. 

My point is I think this supports that it's a 1 piece thing. The fact that both the OEM CCM and Factory Mad cuffs both broke speaks to that. I don't recall ever having the issue on 2 piece cuffs as they could flex independently in the event of a hard enough impact.

The picture below was the OEM cracked cuff when Dennis took it out. I don't think the crack I have currently is as bad... but what is also misleading is that when everything is bound together so tightly it's hard to tell. I can certainly feel the new crack... but again... it's one of the reasons I usually order 2 gloves w/ a custom set. It's a luxury to be able to do so... and I  can understand the frustration for guys who have a tighter budget and have this happen.

1931302029_ShatteredThumbMold.thumb.jpg.7983e225ee4ebc15546bcb669e290b04.jpg

Jeez. Idk why its so specific to Lefevre gloves with the plastics cracking. I havent ever seen other companies gloves crack as mich

53 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Jeez. Idk why its so specific to Lefevre gloves with the plastics cracking. I havent ever seen other companies gloves crack as mich

I have seen cracked Bauer cuffs floating around on GGSU. Vaughn didn't really do 1-piece gloves until more recently. Vaughn was also notorious for finger curl which they seem to have corrected in recent years. While most common on Lefevre gloves may be true, they are also the most popular 1-piece glove on the market. Brian's is known for their quality and I've never really seen a true durability issue in their equipment (just not my style). 

I would agree that it is mostly a 1-piece cuff construction in general that is just more prone to breaking from misuse or high level of play.

Just now, AG37 said:

I have seen cracked Bauer cuffs floating around on GGSU. Vaughn didn't really do 1-piece gloves until more recently. Vaughn was also notorious for finger curl which they seem to have corrected in recent years. While most common on Lefevre gloves may be true, they are also the most popular 1-piece glove on the market. Brian's is known for their quality and I've never really seen a true durability issue in their equipment (just not my style). 

I would agree that it is mostly a 1-piece cuff construction in general that is just more prone to breaking from misuse or high level of play.

yeah im sure they have other models w cuffs cracked, just not nearly as commonly as lefevres 

Archived