CCM Glove Closure

Tendy01

Hey guys,

I have a relatively knew CCM EFlex 3 glove, pretty much stock. Ive been working it a lot to get it nice and broken in and its closing well but the top part doesn't meet. Ive attached a picture to illustrate what I mean.

Has anyone else dealt with this or have any suggestions to fix this?

The first image is the glove with the issue (White, navy and gold) while the second glove is my old Premier 1 glove that closed much nicer.

Thanks
IMG_5057.thumb.JPG.47b00c2638b9718cf1c2dbeea1aabc04.JPGIMG_4868.thumb.JPG.c2afd856c6f92b6540b8a9a65590b745.JPG

Not that I have much to add in terms of how to correct this problem but all I'll say is that those E-Flex and Supreme glove closures are absolutely atrocious. And now I do wish Price had stayed in Vaughn. We have these abominations because of him.

10 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Not that I have much to add in terms of how to correct this problem but all I'll say is that those E-Flex and Supreme glove closures are absolutely atrocious. And now I do wish Price had stayed in Vaughn. We have these abominations because of him.

Yea Im finding that the CCM gloves are very hit or miss, which is super annoying. I agree that the supreme line of gloves are horrendous. I dont understand how people use those. I might move on to Brians after this set, Chinese manufacturing is too inconsistent. 

Pliers or a clamp and force the area that doesn't close together.

If it makes you feel anybetter... The Gnetik IV has unreal closure. But they softened up the T to do so. As a result, pucks can hit the tip of the tip of the T and not go into the glove. It actually makes the T compress into itself. This has happened about 6 times. The pucks do not go in, but it pops over the net as a result. Can't think of any other glove doing that. 

What am I getting at? Your CCM T is more rigid. It will make sure things like that don't happen. Although your EF3 doesn't quite close perfectly. Do you think a puck is going to fall out of that tiny gap? You might be fixing an issue that isn't there

10 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

But he's a 590 guy anyway now

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Pliers or a clamp and force the area that doesn't close together.

If it makes you feel anybetter... The Gnetik IV has unreal closure. But they softened up the T to do so. As a result, pucks can hit the tip of the tip of the T and not go into the glove. It actually makes the T compress into itself. This has happened about 6 times. The pucks do not go in, but it pops over the net as a result. Can't think of any other glove doing that. 

What am I getting at? Your CCM T is more rigid. It will make sure things like that don't happen. Although your EF3 doesn't quite close perfectly. Do you think a puck is going to fall out of that tiny gap? You might be fixing an issue that isn't there

Alright I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Yea I've tried on a couple at various stores and it felt really nice and snappy, dont love to hear about that soft T though, definitely something I will keep in mind.

I dont think pucks will fall out I just think it looks kind of silly. Definitely a looks problem and not a function problem lol.

Thanks TGN!

57 minutes ago, Tendy01 said:

Alright I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Yea I've tried on a couple at various stores and it felt really nice and snappy, dont love to hear about that soft T though, definitely something I will keep in mind.

I dont think pucks will fall out I just think it looks kind of silly. Definitely a looks problem and not a function problem lol.

Thanks TGN!

It's not caused a good, just a weird rebound every 3rd or 4th skate. It could be an issue with my technique, but it's the only glove that this happens with

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The CCM P1 series was solid in closure. It was my favorite glove (R1.9) right up until everything broke on it. I now have a Warrior G3 Pro and it closes just as easily/well and then it has some extra features on top of that.

Yea im missing my P1 glove right about now, maybe the EF4 will be better. I tried the Warrior G4 glove for a couple skates but I wasnt a big fan. 

• 1 month later...

Been having a really hard time breaking in my Varly pro return EF3 glove. Says game ready palm but closure is so difficult. I think there’s just extra material in palm and specifically the crease, maybe D30?. Not sure what to do at this point. I’m debating sending to Dennis at FM or just selling and trying something else.

Also noticed that thumb stall is really large. Is this same for most gloves these days? Or do some models have a tighter stall for thumb like the finger stalls in most gloves

I had an Eflex 3.9 glove, and like the OP's glove, it had closure issues. My P2 glove, however, closes great. 

One thing I felt was effecting the closure on the Eflex, was the double T pocket, so when I got the P2, I opted for a single T, and I think it's made a difference. There are a few other subtle changes between the Premiere and Eflex, so I can't say changing the pocket solved everything, but I do think it has helped.

53 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

I had an Eflex 3.9 glove, and like the OP's glove, it had closure issues. My P2 glove, however, closes great. 

One thing I felt was effecting the closure on the Eflex, was the double T pocket, so when I got the P2, I opted for a single T, and I think it's made a difference. There are a few other subtle changes between the Premiere and Eflex, so I can't say changing the pocket solved everything, but I do think it has helped.

The glove I had previous, the second picture, was a P1 glove with a single T and closed much better. You might be on to something there, most CCM double T gloves Ive tried at different stores didnt close great. I'll probably end up going back to a single T for my next set, unless they fix it with the EF4.

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Been having a really hard time breaking in my Varly pro return EF3 glove. Says game ready palm but closure is so difficult. I think there’s just extra material in palm and specifically the crease, maybe D30?. Not sure what to do at this point. I’m debating sending to Dennis at FM or just selling and trying something else.

Also noticed that thumb stall is really large. Is this same for most gloves these days? Or do some models have a tighter stall for thumb like the finger stalls in most gloves

How long have you had it for? I'd say just keep working it whenever you can, like when watching tv or what not. How much is it to send a glove to FM?

It’s definitely getting better but maybe has plateaued not sure. Bought in fall last year. Maybe I’ve used 20-25 times plus or minus.

last I checked I think it’s like $150ish plus shipping. I don’t think I’d want the floating T though. Just fixing the internals would be fine and a skate lace pocket. I don’t think he offers that though. I think you have to get floating T but not sure why that is

Archived